1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demaryius Thomas

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Clipse, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Anybody love this guy as much as I do? I can only hope we're lucky enough to nab him in the 2nd. This guy is everything we lack and need at WR. The most physical WR in the draft. What we lack at WR, is YAC. We have to be the worst team, or close to it when it comes to picking up YAC. Thomas has no problem throwing would be tacklers out of the way for extra yards. This guy is the ultimate red zone threat. Not only can you throw this guy a slant and watch him out-muscle his way to the endzone, at 6'3" he has no trouble going up and getting the ball either. What stands out the most is his blocking. Best blocking WR in the draft hands down. As a running team, having such a terrific blocker at WR would be great. He was the only player on his team to get double digit receptions. He was seriously getting double, triple teamed every time and still unable to be stopped. With a bad QB might I add. Thomas would be an instant starter and contribute greatly imo. Not sure why everyone wants an injury prone, expensive Boldin, when they can just get Boldin V2 in Thomas. Thoughts?

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I've made it clear I have a man crush on the guy. He does get the dropsies at times, but he is very physical, and a serious deep threat. From what I've heard, the only thing keeping him from being a Calvin Johnson type player are his speed and hands.

I actually like him more than I liked Hakeem Nicks last year, and that was a lot.

3. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Oh..is that all?:lol:

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I loved hakeem nicks last year and i love thomas this year.He reminds me of brandon marshall just a little shorter.

5. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Thomas is going to be hit or miss. Hard to really evaluate his skills becuase of the offense he was in. To me the drop on 4th down he had that ended the game really stayed in the back of my head. His hands actually might improve by practicing catching all the time. After all that he could be a complete bust. I would much rather have Tate or Benn. Thomas and Lafell both suffered from poor QB play as well as drops

6. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    The ONLY way he's a miss is if he just doesn't give a damn and has zero work ethic, anyone heard of his work ethic?

He's far to physical, he catches the ball like great WRs do, with his hands. He reminds me of Anquan Boldin all over again. he's a bigger, stronger Nicks. I think he's a late first value. If we don't pick Dez in the first I pray we can get Bebe in the 2nd...

7. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I'm really high on him as well. I remember watching him during the UM game and seeing him run through and by their secondary.

8. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I agree. And from everything I have heard, he has good work ethic. This guy has all the tools, and I mean all the tools. Size, good speed, extremely physical while catching, running, and blocking. Can make plays both going deep, and on underneath stuff. I love Benn too, just not as much as Thomas. Would be great to finally get some YAC from our WR's.

9. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I think the offense he was in argument is canceled out by the fact he was the only player on his team with double digit receptions. He was getting double teamed every single time to no avail.

10. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    People should never underestimate the value of blocking on a Parcells club. Bill has always loved receivers that can block, and it's probably a pretty good bet that Sparano shares the same philosophy.

Clipse likes this.
  11. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I like Thomas, but Nicks more. DT has a lot of great qualities- size, athletic ability (great basketball player), toughness, blocking, production- but he lacks a bit in terms of speed, suddenness and explosion. I would take Benn or Tate over him, although I still think that Dez Bryant in the 1st is a slam dunk. I see DT as more of a guy that you hope slides to our pick in the 3rd rd, not sure about him as a high 2nd rd pick. But he does have potential, that's for sure. I'm still intrigued by Dezmon Briscoe- he has good size, produced, and has more explosion to his game than DT. I'm still hoping that Benn falls to us in the 2nd rd.

12. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    That's simply not true. He may have got double in obvious passing situations, but that is when Nesbitt struggled the most.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  13. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    No he was not double teamed all the time. People had to bring more ppl in the box and that playaction is crazy. He did a good job of getting open but the offense he played in is still a factor

ToddsPhins likes this.
  14. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I agree blocking is a huge part. However I am gunna say this when u say Thomas is the best blocking WR hands down u didnt watch Riley Cooper. Cooper is a guy that blocks his *** off every play. Meyer said this was the Best blocking WR he has ever had and it showed. Florida ran alittle option too and alot of big runs came off Cooper blocking.

15. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    My only concern is with his hands. Patrick Turner dropped quite a few passes in preseason and he ended up being inactive almost all season. That could just be a coincidence. I certainly do not have any inside info. However I would not be happy with another wideout who has trouble catching ball.

Chris Chambers, Derek Hagan, Ted Ginn, Patrick Turner...

Enough with the dropsies.

16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Possibly my favorite Wr in this draft, warts and all, he is one of the few "big" Wr that I've seen that has "it".

B Lefell is another one.

Killerphins likes this.
  17. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    His hands do not concern me 1 bit. There's a big thing WRs that have dropsies their hole careers have in common. That's trying to catch the ball with their body...when CC had to catch the ball with his hands, he constantly made the catch. Ted Ginn as well. Bebe does not catch the ball with his body in the least. He attacks the ball with his hands. His route running and work ethic(just cuz you never know) are my biggest concerns...definitely not his hands

padre31 likes this.
  18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMK59U6nCuw"]YouTube- Demaryius "Bay-Bay" Thomas Highlights[/ame]

At :45 and :49 some familiar faces are losing to BeBe...

#30 for Clemson with the Dreds is a Dolphin today..

One thing I notice, either he is wiiide open, or he just outmuscles the Db, not sure if that will happen in the NFL consistently.

19. tph-sky

tph-sky New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    as well as other Colors by Llarowe essie nail polish can be purchased exclusively from Llarowe’s website. The pricing ranges between $6-12 per 15mL bottle of polish. Colors by Llarowe nail polishes are also 5-free and cruelty free.
    P90X Nutrition Plan

20. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    im with you pod
    as bad a passing team as they were Thomas gets up there and goes after it
    great down field blocker
    gets good yac
    bey bey is a bbbbeast
    if he is there at 43
    as scary as it would be considering our needs
    dont think i would be disappointed at all

21. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    #43 is to high for him imho, his hands are kinda iffy, but he stuck at GT when they switched to the triple option, so he is not put off by the work it takes to improve them.

He could be there are #76 after the upper tiers like Tate and Benn are long gone.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  22. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    bey bey thomas wont be around at 76
    would like it but unlikely
    my thoughts are the same
    43 is early i guess :up:
    the draft is funny like that
    why the hell does the first round happen on thursday night
    4/22/10
    thats just dumb and wrong

23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dumb?

They get to sell an extra days worth of commercials, and you will watch...and you will...every last second...all the way to Mr/ Irrelevant...:yes:

24. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    He haz teh intangiblez.

padre31 likes this.
  25. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    In all fairness, Turner's problem was much more one of not being able to get separation.

Big Red likes this.
  26. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    As much as I love DT, I pretty much agree with your statement.... well at least until you mentioned Benn. I want nothing to do with that guy.

27. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    If he cant find the seperation needed at the NFL level, let him pack on 15 lbs, and convert him to your own vernon davis. dude would be a sick tight end, in the mold that we need. with his measurables, hands, and blocking skill. whats he at right now 230?. I see him droppin in the 2nd somewhere..If we got mcclain or graham, i wouldnt be upset with DT in the 2nd.versatile player thats fits with our own versatile offense.

either way, hes a nice thick athlete with a lot of athleticism.

28. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I see Thomas as very hit or miss. He's Patrick Turner part deux.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  29. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    If we can't get Dez Bryant in the first round i am all for drafting this guy in the second round

High Definition likes this.
  30. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    So he's a slower, shorter, less sure-handed version of Calvin and Marshall? That narrow things down. Now I definitely want this guy!! :lol:

31. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Nor does he catch it with his hands in the least at all times as well. :shifty:

I'm sorry, but NFL receivers dont run the route: "just run down field, jump up, and catch the ball" on a regular basis as if it were just drawn up with a stick in the dirt during the huddle. This kid has a lot to prove to show he can be an impact in the NFL other than end of half hail mary attempts IMO.

32. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009

How can you possibly say that? Does he show you a natural talent for route running? Does he show you a natural talent for reading and understanding the coverage in front of him? Does he show you any natural ability for catching passes from all the various routes? Does he show a natural ability for gaining separation during "normal" routes? Has he shown a natural ability to get open deep when defenses aren't keyed in so much on stopping the run?
    No, no, no, no, and no. LOL.

That's like saying every other guy in federal prison is a potential pro bowler. :lol

33. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Agreed....... except Turner was more polished. Thomas is so rough he needs a team of carpenters working around the clock with industrial strength sanders just to smooth him down.

IMO he's at least a few years away from making an impact in the NFL, if even that..... and you don't draft major projects with high 2nd round picks. You just don't. Poor poor way to run an organization.