1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defense and time of possession

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 77FinFan, May 7, 2014.

1. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Saw the ticker last night and was reminded that our D was ranked 8th in scoring, which ain't too shabby. Unfortunately, because of the run D and our poor O we were 29th in time of possession at 28:27 on average. Run D needs to be better and in case someone missed it our O needs to improve.

2. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Or improve the run offense so we can control the clock

GMJohnson and firedan like this.
  3. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    What did our D do against Chad & Geno the last 2 weeks? No, we do not need an all-time great defense, but I would sure like one capable of getting us to the SB.

4. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    The D wasn't good in those games and didn't make any big plays, but they gave up 19 and 20 points. That should be good enough to win. Some improvement is needed, but the defense isn't that far away. I think the pass defense is fine. A little improvement against the run would go a long way.

Rocky Raccoon and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Basically we shut down the arm of the athletic Qb completely, but the athletic Qb won the game thru their playmaking ability..hmmm, sounds familiar..

I've never seen our D be more dominant during that performance, newton looked like a high school Qb throwing, but the escapability factor must be respected in today's game,

6. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Yeah, the D did not let us down in those games, at least not greatly. It really is a "game of inches," meaning that a few little tweaks and changes and we are right there. Another decent series per game by the O last year probably wins us at least a game. I also believe that our D being on the field so much left them w/ little in the tank at the end of a game, and the end of the season.

xphinfanx likes this.
  7. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    This is such a big factor.