1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep Sea of Purple

Discussion in '2011 GM League Forum' started by schisno, Jan 25, 2011.

1. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Minnesota (GML-AP) -- This season was about the Superbowl, but it sunk faster than a boat on Lake Minnetonka. Unlike the 2005 season more water kept filling up and drowned the Vikings season with a 6-10 record. From Bret Favre's texting scandal to the roof of the Metrodome collapsing, not much has gone right for Purple and Gold.

Enter Ryan Schisno as new President of Football Operations, who will oversee a restructuring of the Minnesota Vikings football operations. Mark Wilf is expected to remain in his current role of dealing with the business ends of operations. Rick Spielman is expected to return as Vice President of Player Personnel.

“Everyone's going out and finding the brightest minds of football, so I got the best mind in football.” Zygi Wilf told press today during the conference to introduce the newest addition to the Vikings front office.

A man of few words Ryan Schisno will have the enormous task of taking Minnesota back to the NFC Champioship game, as they were in a season ago. However the team is mired in troubles, still dealing with a future with no home as the situation of the Metrodome roof is addressed. The Vikings will also be seeking to addressed the quarterback position now that Bret Favre has turned in his retirement papers.

“We've got a few situations to address, but we're looking into it now. I'm comfortable with the talent I have around me and will assess our strengths and weaknesses just like every other club this offseason.” Ryan Schisno told reporters as he was leaving the Minnesota Viking headquarters.

It will be sink or swim this offseason, and whether the Vikings make it back to the top of the NFC North depends on if they can see the light before the rocks.

MikeHoncho, Paul 13 and Vengeful Odin like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Is that where Purple Drank comes from?

3. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Denver (GML-AP) -- Ryan Schisno has been seen having dinner with his close friend and new General Manager of the Denver Broncos GridIronKing. It is being reported that after naming Tim Tebow the Bronco's starting quarterback Schisno flew into Denver to discuss a possible transaction involving now expendable Kyle Orton.

Orton threw for 3653 yards with 20 TDs to only 9 INTs in 13 Games this year for the Broncos. He has blossomed under former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and could be a fit in Minnesota's offense with the likes of Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice at his disposal. Rumors indicate that there could be a draft pick in the first three rounds going to the Broncos if a deal can be done.

"Kyle Orton is a great quarterback and just entering his prime, he showed it the last couple of seasons and I know there are a lot of people impressed with him. I was here to see a friend and have a good steak, that might be tough to chew, but you'll just have to deal with it..." The Minnesota Viking's President of Football operations was caught telling reporters as he got in his cab.

Whether there is a trade for Kyle Orton or the Vikings draft a quarterback in the draft this year, the position is the biggest question mark on the team, even with a number of defensive starters set to become unrestricted free agents.