1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deangelo Hall to be waived? Would you consider picking him up?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Nov 4, 2008.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    NFL.com Blogs Adam Schefter

I don't like his attitude and I havent watched him play recently, but I think he is still a top tier db and could probably help us a lot.. Thoughts?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

not for what this team is trying to accomplish in attitude.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    This may be a bit off to some but I'm not sure if he's a better starter than Andre' Goodman for us right now. Honestly, this guy has been burned non-stop this year and has been targeted by teams every week. He does create turnovers but at a high risk because he jumps so many routes. I don't think its worth it. With bad play and then bad attitude, I don't think you want this guy anywhere around this team.

PhinsRock likes this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Do you really want an over-rated primadona crybaby that couldnt even stick with one of the worst 3 teams in the league?

No thanks....no way... and with Tuna in charge, no way....

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He goes through waivers and if someone picks him up there, then they pay him his contract. If he clears waivers, then he's an URFA, which means he's to be given a new deal.

6. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    It would be a "Smart move" for teams to let him clear....his locker out.. :up:

Was never really sure what the infactuation with this kid was?
    He was absolute Cancer while in Atlanta, hasnt been any better with Oakland (Watching him get two Personal foul penalties within 3 plays was absolutely HILARIOUS)
    He has been constantly burned all season.
    He has an ego bigger than Obama's lead in the the current election..and he is gonna garner big-time bucks.

Thanks, but no thanks...

SICK and alen1 like this.
  7. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I think now is the time. We can get him on the cheap. We dont have to give up draft picks. Hes better than our current crop of DBs. We lack a true #1 corner. Hes young.

This is a no-brainer folks.

Styla likes this.
  8. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Travis Daniels was, and always will be a better football player the this cat, and this head case was talking about quitting football a few weeks ago.Looks like he got he's wish.

Like Azfinfan said.................. NO WAY!!!.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  9. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

I agree, if we can get him cheap after he clears why not?

Bash me if you like, but I like him and I think he can help us. JMO

FinSane likes this.
  10. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    None of are DB's would be getting cut if they were on that team.All of are CB are better then him.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You would think so but once you look deeper into it, it doesn't seem to be that way. As AZ mentions above, he was traded out of Atlanta because of his behavior. The fact that he was traded from a team that needs a CB desperately says a lot. Furthermore, he's about to get released from a team that is second to last in pass defense. I also think that the fact that he's a cancer in the locker room contributes to him possibly being on the market in a day or so. I don't think he's a number one Corner. He's not a top fifteen CB in this league in my opinion. He's a guy that makes a living off of jumping routes and his speed (he ran a 4.4 at the age of 15 I believe in a camp and that has gotten into his head and it hasn't left it seems). He has gotten in fights with players at practice in Atlanta, he has ran his mouth to his coaches as well. Just two days ago, he ran his mouth in an interview saying how he made Roddy White as good as he is now and went on and on about himself. This is a guy who has a big ego, doesn't play hard and just doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. I think all that contributes to him possibly being a player without a team in less than 24 hours, assuming this transaction does happen. If you think you can control him then give him a small deal, 1 year, a couple million. Only problem with that is that he has what I call the Mike Shanahan-syndrome and that is that he thinks too highly of his team. In this case, its DeAngelo thinking too highly of himself and he may not accept that deal.

If I'm the GM, I stay away from this guy because one player is not worth destroying chemistry of another 52 guys and/or I don't need a distraction on my team that's doing well thus far. However, I'm not the guy in charge but I still would be absolutely shocked if this guy was a Miami Dolphin by the end of the week.

Bpk likes this.
  12. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Teams don't cut good players in the middle of the season.

Can anyone here think of one time that has ever happen.................................................??????

13. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    The personalities of Joey Porter, Chad Pennington, Tony Sparano, Bill Parcells, will keep him in check.

14. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    AL Davis is in charge?

He fired his head coach after the first few games?

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's a difficult task to accomplish. Are we talking about the same Joey Porter who jumped an NFL offensive linemen and beat him?

Considering the fact that Parcells and co. hate distractions (look at him in Dallas with Owens), I think there's little to no chance Hall is a Dolphin. And to clarify, I'm not saying you said that or you are implying that.

16. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Die Hard Raider buddies of mine are glad he's going. That tells me a lot.

Bpk likes this.
  17. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    no, no, no. Im against it. His attitude does not come close to fitting the attitude that has been developed in the lockerroom. He's a me first kind of guy, and not a team first kind of guy. IMO, our greatest source of success right now, is that every guy on this team is playing for the team... not himself and his own personal achievements.

18. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    bro his attitude got him out of Atlanta and probably Oakland, no thanks.

19. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, I will venture that you are 50% correct.

The combination of Parcells and Sparano will mandate that he behaves while being a Dolphin. That's because my money says the two of them wouldnt let him NEAR the team....:up:

anlgp likes this.
  20. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I agree the thought of adding him scares me because of ruining the chemistry and calling out the coaches.

21. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I don't want any part of him or Walker. Why take a chance on ruining a good thing for a guy who isn't even that much of an upgrade. I'm nervous that dropping Hagan was a sign that we might be looking to add one though.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  22. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    After doing some minor research on it i wouldnt be opposed to obtaining him if he was released. It seems to be more of an issue of al davis being a moron than a complete lack of production on Halls part. While he isnt exactly producing the way as expected i do not think he could hurt us. Maybe in a better system he plays better also?

23. anlgp

the main thing i'm concerned with is a) who would be knocked down from their starting position? and 2) his attitude and play.

24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Like I previously mentioned, I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Andre' Goodman. He needs a Safety over the top of him nearly all the time. He's a perfect fit in New England which is why they are interested in him according to PFT. The issue of him being released is a little bit of both. Hall is not very good and Davis was the moron who gave him the money. However, this may be the one smart move Davis has made this year.

25. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

In a better system?
    The other D-backs around him are Gibril Wilson, Micheal Huff and Asomugha...check that Huff has been replaced by Hiram Eugene.
    Its not like the Raiders are even asking him to do that much.

Trust me, I have seen 3 Raiders games this year. He is CONSTANTLY getting burned.

Hell, we can keep Goodman, pay him a quarter as much, not have to worry about the Locker room cancer and still have that happen...:pity: AND Goodman hits a hell of a lot harder.... :wink2:

slickj101 likes this.
  26. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I agree. Look at how many solid players are in that Oakland secondary. If he can't succeed there then how the hell is he going to help us?

If anything, he would probably just end up costing us more money and the development of one of our younger guys, and that's aside from the fact that he's a huge pain in the ***.

27. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Let's just hope Cleveland throws a ****load of $$$ at him. :up:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  28. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Well, I am still going to trade for him on Madden.:tongue2:

:lol:

anlgp and TheAnswer385 like this.
  29. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    No, we have a young unit with a great attitude we don't need any "me me me" people to spread cancer.

late again likes this.
  30. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I can't blame any player for not wanting to get out of the circus known as Oakland....I doubt that Parcells and co. would go after him, but we could use the upgrade in the secondary. The problem is whether his issues are with Oakland or his own issues...remember this guy also had issues in Atlanta...so perhaps there is a trend there...not a pretty one either...

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  31. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    What i see in Hall is similar to Joey Porter. They sign a new contract with a new team. The coaches sucked. No one would play for them. The players made complaints. Hall probably wanted to get out. Joey is now in a better situation with a better coach and is performing. I think we should give Hall a go.

32. anlgp

You should have to, though. I think that's what the HC game does.

33. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    couldn't have said it any better myself.

34. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    LOL this is hilarious, you guys still believe in goodman, are you kidding me. Hall is is 24 year olds and a probowler. Will Allen is like 30 years and an a year or 2 he will drop off real bad just like most corners do once they hit that stage. You guys are just being blind. A combo of Hall/J. and W allen means we can spend draft picks at other position.

35. anlgp

I don't think any of us aren't saying he's a good player.

Most of us have issues with his team chemistry which is a huge deal.

If he had the attitude and the playing ability I'd be the first one to say pick him up.

36. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I am, i am saying he's not a good player.

He talk openley about quitting football after the Denver game.Why, because he knows he's done.

anlgp likes this.
  37. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Depending how many offers he gets, we coudl offer a low rest of season offer, lord knows if he doesn't pan out the rest of the season, Sparano won't keep him around for long

38. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Does not even come close to the "make up" as Sparano and Ireland refer to the kind of players they want on this team. No way we even consider this kid, not a chance.

gunn34 and funkdat like this.
  39. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I remember over the summer people were clamoring for us to pick this guy up. I think we see why leaving him alone was a smart move.

funkdat likes this.
  40. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    No thanks.

There has been a lot of talk about Jaguar fans wanting him up here. It'd be a perfect "panic" move, much like trading for Roy Williams.

However, Jack Del Rio and insiders talked about the interview they had with Hall when they talked about trading for him in the offseason. The feedback was that he as an awful interview and not at all interested in a team concept. He freelances too much, takes too many chances, and does a poor job in man-to-man coverage.

He does have talent. I think he could make a decent FS on the basis of playmaking abilities. However, I don't know how well he tackles or if he's a physical guy, but I believe he is. He's still a good option a CB as long as he's in the right situation.

Maybe the Cleveland Browns? Romeo Crennel was able to deal with a guy who was known as a tough person to coach at a time--Ty Law.