1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 2 of TC

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NolePhin, Aug 3, 2009.

1. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    I got back from day 2 of TC a little while ago. Unlike yesterday, most of the practice took place on the field farthest from where the fans were seated, so I couldn't see a whole lot very clearly.

QB's - The QB drills were run on the field closest to the fans so I got to see them pretty well. The QB that stood out the most in these drills to me was Chad Henne. His accuracy was amazing, especially in the fade route drill where the QB's had to throw the ball over a big net and hit a target. Even from 30+ or so yards out, Henne was hitting them pretty consistently.

Pat White was hitting the target on the fade drill occasionally as well, once again he looked pretty good today aside from a few off throws, which basically everyone has.

Out of all three QB's in that fade drill, it was clear that Pennington was the least accurate, but I guess you can't always be perfect everyday.

WR Drills - During the positional workouts, the WR's were running different routes and they had a coach/staff member throwing them the ball.

There were a couple VERY nice catches on a little 8-10 yard inside route by both Greg Camarillo and Davone Bess. Bess basically had what looked like a one hand grab; the ball was thrown a little too far ahead of him. Camarillo had the other really nice catch in this drill similar to Bess'; by the way Camarillo is looking great coming off that knee inury.

During the 11 on 11's, there was a nice throw/catch by Pennington and Fasano on a little seam route through the middle of the field. It must have been 20-30yds or so.

Henne had a few really nice throws during the 11 on 11's as well.

There was a couple of WC plays run with Ronnie Brown taking the snap, but nothing that we haven't seen from last year. I think they're saving the new WC material for the 5pm bubble practices that aren't open to the public.

Vontae Davis broke up a passing play in 11 on 11's, and Will Allen had a pic thrown by Pennington into the flat.

I couldn't really see much of the individual defensive position drills, as they were on the far side of the field; during which i was watching the WR/QB drills on the near field.

Bill Parcells was riding around in his golf cart with someone, I couldn't see who it was.

Donald Thomas was pushing a sled with a trainer for a little while.

That was pretty much the jist of what I got from day 2 of Dolphins TC. It was a BRUTALLY hot day too, I might have to take a day off from the sun, even at 23 it takes a toll.

Hope this helps out a little.

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Thanks for the writeup NolePhin

Great stuff!

3. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Many thanks Nolephin! Great stuff

4. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    +1 Thanks!

5. NolePhin

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
  6. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Disnardo, #1 fan, Themole and 3 others like this.
  7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Agree, I'll take your report over Omar's any day, thanks NolePhin!

siciliansith likes this.
  8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Thanks for the info bro! You know it's much appreciated by all of us :up:.

9. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Muchas thank you brother

You keep this up and I have a feeling a new badge might be in your future?
    Disclaimer: I honestly don't know what it takes to get one, but it seems you are filling the role.

siciliansith likes this.
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Thanks man.

11. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    great report

12. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    great writeup! thanks so much for sharing!

13. NolePhin

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Haha, why the hate on Omar? Did I miss something?

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    good job

15. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    He likes to stir the pot and a lot of his stories are false/not the entire truth.

16. NolePhin

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Oh, well I guess I can see why you guys don't favor his reports too much then.