1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Davone Bess Unfiltered

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Styla, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Miami Dolphins | Sun-Sentinel Blogs: Davone Bess Unfiltered

That's my Boy!!!!:up:

2. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    did they forget about phillip merling?

edit: i mean the other article in that one. about the rookies

3. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    He is pretty short for a receiver but damned quick and agile. He also seems to have that level of focus that makes an exceptional receiver. I'm excited to see how he turms out for the Phins.

PhinsRock likes this.
  4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I guess it's just me, but I'm not overthrilled with Bess. He lacks the speed to become an elite WR in the league or elite returner either. I mean, he can make a guy miss and is elusive and shifty, but a safety can run him down. He's shifty, but not a Devon Hester, he's elusive but not a Ginn on returns. He finds the sweet spot in the D, but not a Harrison type go-to guy. JMHO, but I don't see him keeping Tunaland from drafting/signing a WR by any stretch of the imagination next offseason.

5. mason

mason Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    norfolk va
    so basically your not sold on a undrafted reciever because he does not play like an all pro?

He's an undrafted reciever- of course there are some flaws, but the focus and determination(and being shifty) have helped make a previous undrafted wr look very good here and in New england.

djphinfan, PhinsRock and brandon27 like this.
  6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I'm not saying that he is a bust, just that to get to the elite status, his lack of speed will hinder him...WW is not the fastest guy either, but he's a lot faster than Bess...JMO...but Bess has a long way to go and doesn't really possess the physical skills...

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's why he's a slot Larry. He doesn't do anything overly impressive but does it well. His quickness and ability to find the sweet spot makes him a good slot receiver. I'm not sure anyone expected him (including the coaching staff) to crack the lineup. He's a slot receiver and it fits him well.

As for us signing a WR, I don't think Bess has any impact on that. Regardless of Bess' impression on the staff, they will need to acquire a couple receivers because of the poor talent. Bess could still remain a slot receiver but he could be bumped down the depth chart if we do bring two guys in. If Bess is 3-5 on the depth chart, I'm perfectly fine with it. If he's any higher than 3, you know we have WR problems.

Trowa likes this.
  8. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    You do manage to make sense from time to time. :thumbup1:

9. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    He is a slot receiver at best and will likely be one for his whole career. He is also extremely raw being an undrafted rookie free agent. What did you expect out of him in his rookie season?

PhinsRock likes this.
  10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Wow, we are a 1-15, or OK a 1-2 team, and suddenly we shouldn't be happy when we find a gem in the rough without even using a DP on him? You guys simply amaze me. The kid has done everything we could ask of an UDFA, he is Pennington's favorite go-to guy, he cost us NOTHING, and you guys are ripping the poor kid.

Absolutely amazing to me. Sometimes I am actually ashamed of some of the posts I read in here.

11. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008

I don't see what the problem is... all anyone said was that they were underwhelmed by his physical abilities. What, you aren't? Yeah, he's been a nice find as an UDFA, but some of the things written on here and in the South Florida media would have you mistaking him for Eddie Royal.

And for the record, the guy is very slow. He needs to be taken off KR duties ASAP.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    phinsrock...dont say 'you guys'...don't catergorize us because of one persons opinion...an opinion which i totally disagree with and an opinion that iam sure all of us agree on because of how ridiculous it is.

13. Hellweed

Hellweed Death From Above!

Apr 28, 2008
    I concur. I've been rooting for Bess since we picked him up. He's been at least solid, for a rookie. I'll take that any day.