Davone Bess is closing in on a record (27 more catches)
23 replies
Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com
Davone Bess can set the all-time record for the most receptions by an undrafted rookie receiver by catching 27 passes in Miami's last three games.
He's a virtual lock to pass ex-Colt Terrence Wilkins (42 in 1999) for second place on the list but probably won't overtake Wayne Chrebet, who established the mark. Chrebet caught 66 passes as the Jets' No. 1 receiver in 1995.
What a gem this guy is. I was borderline shocked he wasn't drafted. Keep up the great work Bess, our miracle december depends on you!

He'd be past the mark if we didn't have another gem in cam
He'll get it, his involvement should be supercharged down the final stretch. I hope he sets the record in NY in the last week, in a phins win of course :)
I can't see it happening, but it sure would be nice if he got it!

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"King Felix wrote:
thats 9 a game. not happening, unless they count playoffs
Yeah... they'll start to focus on Bess more if he starts hauling in 9 per game. Anyone who thinks that teams gameplan more for Bess than Ginn is crazy.
its possible. Welker gets that many catches and more per game and he definitely draws more attention than bess. They have similar roles as well. It might be a stretch but would be great to see

I'd love to see it happen but realistically I don't think it will. I would expect him to get somewhere around 12-18 catches over the next three games.
If he had been a larger part of the offense early on I think he would have probably beaten Chrebet handily as he seemed to step right in where Camarillo left off - which is another reason to worry about Ginn as he stayed the #2 receiver instead of elevating.
I've said it once and I'll say it again I think Bess will end up being a better wide receiver than Ginn.
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
"Jackson wrote:
its possible. Welker gets that many catches and more per game and he definitely draws more attention than bess. They have similar roles as well. It might be a stretch but would be great to see
Yeah but with Randy Moss on the other side of Welker, it's a bit easier to do. Sparano already showed us why we don't go man up on Randy Moss... Three touchdowns later, I hope the rest of the world learned something...
"GridIronKing34 wrote:
Yeah... they'll start to focus on Bess more if he starts hauling in 9 per game. Anyone who thinks that teams gameplan more for Ginn than Bess is crazy.
Until Bess can turn a 5 yard play into a 60 yard play, then I will believe I am crazy.
They will focus more on Bess if he starts hauling in 9 per game and a few of those 9 are big plays.
Maybe they will focus on him more on 3rd downs.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Until Bess can turn a 5 yard play into a 60 yard play, then I will believe I am crazy.
They will focus more on Bess if he starts hauling in 9 per game and a few of those 9 are big plays.
Maybe they will focus on him more on 3rd downs.
Possibly, but with all due respect.. I believe that they'd rather get the dink and dunk treatment than the possibility with being burned deep once or twice.
EDIT: Looking back, I had the names switched around. I meant that Ginn is gameplanned for more than Bess, not the other way around... Ugh, my bad :pity:
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Until Bess can turn a 5 yard play into a 60 yard play, then I will believe I am crazy.
They will focus more on Bess if he starts hauling in 9 per game and a few of those 9 are big plays.
Maybe they will focus on him more on 3rd downs.
As long as Ginn keeps on playing scared, I believe teams will concentrate on Bess more but having said that. We really need Ginn to step it up. If we can get teams to constantly try to prevent the deep ball to Ginn, Bess can get those underneath passes all day long as we have been seeing.
I'm not sure if Bess will be able to pass chrebet or not, but it will depend on the next two games before the final against the Jest. If im the jest im out to win the game and not let Bess break Chrebet's record.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Until Bess can turn a 5 yard play into a 60 yard play, then I will believe I am crazy.
They will focus more on Bess if he starts hauling in 9 per game and a few of those 9 are big plays.
Maybe they will focus on him more on 3rd downs.
How many of those has Ginn done either?
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
Nah he wont get it, it would be sweet though.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
8 seconds in the video.
no doubt he's made a small handful of exceptional plays this year but he has not outdistanced Bess by so much considering the pedigree they both bring to the table in relation to draft status.
0 Undefeated Teams

Thanks giovafin sweet signature!
Bess reminds me o Panthers Steve Smith
"GridIronKing34 wrote:
Yeah... they'll start to focus on Bess more if he starts hauling in 9 per game. Anyone who thinks that teams gameplan more for Bess than Ginn is crazy.
they started game planning more for cam then ginn and thats when ginn opened it up........
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"Ludacris wrote:
Bess reminds me o Panthers Steve Smith
How so? He's not as physical, he lacks long speed and he's not the big play threat. I think he's more of the Giants Steve Smith than the Panthers one.
He probably won't get it, but I think the sky is the limit for him on this team.
Side note: Last week when I saw Wilford I thought 'Did Bess grow about 4 feet since last week?' They look the same in pads lol.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"alen1 wrote:
How so? He's not as physical, he lacks long speed and he's not the big play threat. I think he's more of the Giants Steve Smith than the Panthers one.
more like David Tyree :up:
"FinSane wrote:
more like David Tyree :up:
That works as well, I was just saying he compares more to the Smith of the Giants than the Panthers Smith.
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
What's the difference between Ted Ginn and Davone Bess?
243 players in draft positioning and darn near equal production. I love Ted, but he needs to toughen up and stop being so tentitive
Homer. :wink2:

