1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Lee & Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jan 11, 2010.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    What do you think about this idea: Fire Dan Henning and promote David Lee to Offensive Coordinator and hire Chad Pennington to Quarterback Coach. I think it would be a good fit for the Dolphins. What are your thoughts about this?

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Pennington will still want to play. I think Lee will be the OC but not until Henning retires. He will not get fired.

3. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    Unless wekindly suggest that he retires ;)

4. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Who knows how David Lee would be as an NFL OC. I would much rather hire a person with a nice track record and some experience.

I would love to see Pennington on the coaching staff, but the guy can still start in this league. Maybe the Panthers, Vikings, or Broncos may be a nice home for him.

I wish the guy all the luck in the world, hope he goes to a new gig and has a lot of success. The guy deserves it, its just best for both parties to part ways.
    Consider me a big fan of any team who hands Penny the reigns next year. He's a class act who has played with more heart then any Dolphin that I have seen in a while.

dolfan7171, mullingan, gunn34 and 2 others like this.
  5. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    How do I put this nicely? If that [mod] we are a family site, watch the language please[/mod] David Lee ever becomes our OC I will have to throw myself into the ocean.

Look Lee is a fine QB coach, but as an OC he sucks. He sucked in two stints as the OC at Arkansas and I don't want him any where near that level here.

End of rant.

dolfan7171 and GISH like this.
  6. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    just not sure why Pennington would want to coach at this point .... if he is healthy enough to play - that is what he will want to do ....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Why the harsh words for Lee?

8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    If Pennington ever becomes a coach he will have to start at the HS or college level.

9. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Lee served two different stints as offensive coordinator for the Razorbacks under Houston "the evil" Nutt. His first stint was in the late 90's where the offensive was just terrible. His second stint was in Nutt's last year where Lee kept running Gus Malzahn's invention, the Wildcat, and took credit for it.

Anonymous likes this.
  10. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    The Cardinals if Warner retires????

JimToss likes this.
  11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Wasn't Arkansas pretty good that year offensively though? Not for nothin, but that school doesn't get the playmakers of a Florida, LSU or Alabama, so I was impressed with the way they put it on people that season.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    You know I just think after this last injury he isnt going to have much in the tank, and talent wise too. I loved Chad but he was limited in 2008 with what he could do, the first couple of games he played this year, you could tell he took a step back even from 2008. If he comes back, man they just crowd the line and dare him to throw deep or even 15 yard plays which he cannot do plain and simple. Chad may have to call it quits, he had a nice career, I think QB coach he would be hella good at. Chad always managed the game very well, and didnt turn the ball over...2 things as a QB you need to be successful that can be taught....and Henne needs to learn.