1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave Razzano on Miami in this week's Tuesday Ticker

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Marco, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Northern California
    http://blog.therazzreport.com/?p=225

The saddest part is Stephen Ross looks intent on extending the Miami Dolphins tradition of bailing big-shots by only looking for the next thief with "a ton of money and zero incentive to do well."

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Parcells didn't do an unreasonable job on the roster. His choice for head coach clearly wasn't correct, but picking from his tree hasn't exactly been unfruitful, either.

If you expected him to stay for the entire length of his contract, you fooled yourself.

Ohio Fanatic and Stringer Bell like this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

That's right Dis...Parcells has NEVER lived up to any of his contracts in the NFL, ever. That said, the talent level is certainly better than when he got here. However, that's not what he was paid to do....he was paid to bring a championship here and he failed miserably, then sulked off to his cushy network job when the going got tough, leaving Ireland and Sparano here to take the brunt of the fan discontent and eventually their jobs as well....

4. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    Are you watching this team play the last 2 years Parcells drafted Pat White, need I say more, Parcells is a thief and nobody cried when he left Dallas.

5. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I agree with Marco and LarryFF on this one. Absolute highway robbery.

6. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

How dare Parcells drop those wide open passes, miss those blocks and scheme incorrectly for other team's obvious tendancies...wait...

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Which, of course, isn't saying a whole lot considering they were 1-15 when he got here, and he famously said he only had four players on arrival. One of which was Ted Ginn. Another was the punter.

So we have more talent than the worst team in franchise history. Four years later, we're about to equal the feat.

Parcells picked the wrong head coach, the wrong general manager and a lot of wrong personnel. Then bent the owner over, took the money and slid out the backdoor.

I'd say the New York Jets had more to do with any success we had. They gave us a Christmas gift named Chad Pennington.

The Dolphins haven't been the same since CP left the field. Without him, Parcells is Matt Millen in Miami.

Aquafin, MonstBlitz, ssmiami and 11 others like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    How you and stringer can respect this mans executive goals is beyond me..I'am gonna yell at that fat *** if I see him alone one day for how he left our team with the cash that he made, in the condition he did...He stole from this fanbase, it may not be the mature thing to do and I realixe that but no way I let him get by without gettin even.

9. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    Ok, let's put aside the merits of actually trying to buck convention in a league that is conservative and stale. With Pat White included, the Dolphins had a pretty good success rate on draft picks.

10. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    What exactly would be the point of him sticking around? 90% of what he was supposed to do was done before the team played a game.

11. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Which measure are you using? From where I sit with a record of 0-6 and 1 home win in two years their success is no better than that which they took over from. Save, of course, CP dropping down from heaven their first year and a schedule most mothers would die for! Along with quite a few players from that 07 season to boot!

dolfan22 and The G Man like this.
  12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I do not know much about business, however if I was an owner of a business with two choices to run the business. Someone who is younger and hungry or a guy with a proven track record, I do not see how it is bad business practices to hire the guy with the proven track record.

13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

forget just yelling at him DJ, punch the fat old basterd square in the nose. worthless POS

ToddsPhins likes this.
  14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    My blood will boil to the point of doing something if I see him my friend, I know myself, and I know how much I hate him, something will go down, you might see me in the papers one day, he's too old for me to hit, but I will do something..lol

15. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    How is there any way to justify where we are today at quarterback, offensive line, tight end, and safety after four years of Parcells tree genius?

16. fin13

fin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 29, 2009
    Waterloo
    The Dolphins are 0-6 and Parcells is responsible for the situation there is a quote of Parcells that alot of people like to use "you what your record says you are" and Parcells is what this teams record is, worst in the NFL.

gafinfan likes this.
  17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Our drafts during this administration (whether it was Parcells or Ireland making the calls) have been questionable at best. Pat White in the top of the second round?! Are you kidding me??? Most scouts had him projected as a 5th or 6th round pick. He's currently out of the NFL altogether! What about Pat Turner in the third? Where is he these days...5th string WR and a ST for the Jests? Sean Smith in the 2nd? He couldn't cover the ground if he laid on it. What about a LT over a franchise QB in Ryan? Many will still debate and defend that decision. Not me. How about taking Odrick and Misi over the stud TE Gronkowski in '10? He's only amassed 15 TD's in a year and a half. I could go on and on, and those are just the high round decisions this FO has made. No sir, the drafts we've had under this FO are a big reason why this team is 0-6.

Of course, the other part is the coaching staff, lead by Morano himself. Which brings us back to Parcells. IIRC his primary responsibility was to "put a system in place." A structure of you will. To find and hire good football people. Thus, the system would run itself once he was gone. Well, I would say he failed, miserably. Tony Sparano? Fail. Jeff Ireland? Fail. Dan Henning? Epic fail.

JMHO...

dolfan22 likes this.
  18. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

The difference between Parcels and Saban?

Saban at least is still very effective at what he does and is doing.

19. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I put it all on Parcells, this demise and the disgrace..He needs to be called out by anyone who has the guts.

Chad Pennington is a phenomenal leader, and if it wasn't for him saving our team, mccnown would of been left in charge..

20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I wouldn't call Parcells' a thief. I think he did his job, but failed. It's tough to do and most teams fail. I believe he tried and that he followed his formula. It's just that his formula didn't work. While I never felt it would work, most in the NFL and most here praised the signing. The part I take issue with is the pretense that he did his job well and that only others are to blame. He was part of the problem and arguably the biggest part. IMO that doesn't make him a thief. It just makes him the guy who should shoulder the majority of the blame.

21. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    Parcells is just another Jimmy Johnson and he is a quiter . Plus Parcells was way overrated if you look at the dallas cowboys . I just want to forget this prick .

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He's a thief of ethics Rafs, hows that?, lol

23. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Ross the owner is the biggest problem here now. Dolphins are just another thing he owns. The guy has to be soooooo clear headed its unreal. To do what he did last year in attempt to hire Harbaugh was proof enough for me. If you all remember, that pissed Cowher off pretty dam good. For an owner to seek the services of anther coach while his current coach, regardless of who he is, is back sitting at team headquarters watching it all transpire ? Thats heartless. I told everyone that extension and money he gave Tony was simply " I am sorry money "

Anyone on this board that works tell me this. How would you feel if it was made public thru the entire company that the owner was out seeking your replacement. Then tell me how you would feel and how your work ethic would be. Not sticking up for Tony as a coach but as a human being. Ross does not give two sheeets who knows what he is doing and am fairly confident his reps have continued to contact coaches since the Harbaugh mess.

Then to go along with Gator Day in the place where the U plays and add to that, the teams QB we are playing that week is the starting QB and is also honored ?

This is like too funny. Ross is the typical under the hat type of wealthy guy that will do anything, regardless of who gets smashed under the tires and when caught calls a public meeting in attempt to lie his way out of it by playing naive or by simply throwing money at it to make it go away.

All Ross wants is to put fannies in the seats, have the thing he owns, the Dolphins, be a glitzy talked about type of entity. We all forget he wanted the NY Jets but was outbid by Woody Johnson. This team, regardless of who the coach is, who the QB is and what kind of stadium it plays in, is not going anywhere as long as Ross is the owner, seriously isn't. This guy is full blown clown material , albeit very wealthy full blown clown material but just the same. Bozo the rich clown boy and his wealth puts him in a position to ignore whats being realized about him.

Tell ya what, I have tickets for the next home game and I am not even selling them. I have throwing them in the fire pit. People are wishing for this or for that. Know what my wish is ?

For one game, one single game, every season ticket holder goes into the parking lot, tailgates, has a great time, and we all burn our tickets out in the parking lot and let Mr. Ross see the smoke going up in the air as he gazes from his suite at a completely empty stadium. Thats my wish. I have a greeeeeat time tailgating with all the other fans, the parking lot is great. Even if we lose the game, still love going inside, I love football but I do not love this clown boy that owns this football team.

I say we all go, get partied up and exactly 30 minutes prior to kickoff we all hold our tickets up in the air, and set them on fire and all at once proclaim " This ones for you Ross " Then crank up the music and just have a blast with each other in the parking lot. Screw Ross, screw his BS ideas , lies and his attempts at being naive.

Love the team, really could do without this owner. I would honestly love for this thing, to party and burn tickets to get some publicity. It catches on like wildfire you know. I cannot be the only once that has finally opened his eyes and realized this all goes back to the clown owner we have. Lets shove it up his rear end and have a dam good party while doing it.

If I had the money, which I don't but if I did, I would take a full page add in the Miami Herald and the Sentinal asking people to do this for the next home game and announce it
    " This ones for you Ross Day " Even a wealthy billionaire would get the message if it really went down.