1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dare I? NY Knicks back in the playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    IMO this is the best matchup for the Knicks. The Celtics are a quality team and I think they will win the series (probably in 6 like you said) but the upset potential is there.

The Celtics are a weak offensive rebounding team as they have always valued transition defense the last few years more so then offensive rebounding. This is a good thing for NY as Billups is probably better in a halfcourt set then in an up and down system and helps them compensate for being a pretty poor rebounding team in general.

The Celtics are also averaging about 90PPG over the last month, worst in the NBA. If that keeps up the Knicks will win the series.

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    If by “upset potential” you mean the foul mood in Noo Yawk when a Boston team beats a Noo Yawk team again… yeah, there’s plenty of upset potential there. :shifty:

3. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    The Celtics are just as bad a rebounding team as the Knicks now since Perkins left.

At the start of February...the Celtics where a top 5 defensive rebounding team, and the Heat was 14th. NOW, the Heat is #1 (#3 in RR) and the Celtics are one of hte worst int eh league.

You know what that is? It's called AGING.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I don't like the matchup, yes they have lost some steps but they have enough juice to pull it together for a round or two. Not looking foward to Rondo slicing through our soft defense scoring or kicking it out to what's sure to be a WIDE OPEN Ray Allen.

They will likely win but I can see them feeling a little punch drunk in round 2 thanks to Da Knicks.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

5. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Maybe the Heat drew up the blueprint for stopping Rondo and the Knicks will follow it.

Dude..we used Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers (underrated defender) to shut down Rajon Rondo's penetration and his playmaking ability.

think about that.

the plan: Play him directly in the passing lanes, forcing him left and offer no help below the free throw line. Trap whenever he goes to a corner.

6. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Was that a joke? :glare: Booo! :lol:

The good news is that because of Rondo we will see more of Toney Douglas and less of Jared Jeffries! Since Douglas is the guy best suited to guard Rondo (along with Roger Mason) we will be forced to have 5 players that can score on the floor at once. I would force Boston to play small and score. Run Douglas, Billups, Fields, Melo and Amar'e out there. The one good thing D'Antoni does is bring creativity to his offense. All of those guys make pretty good decisions with the ball and I would really try and push the tempo as long as the Knicks can get the shots they want.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I would add laying back and giving him the jumper. That's what allowed Bibby and Chalmers to guard him and stop his penetration.

8. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Boik14, Frumundah Finnatic and TiP54 like this.
  9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The correct answer is to the "ugliest NBA player" debate is Tayshaun Prince BTW.

10. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I certainly admire his dedication and my team could certainly use him. That said, good luck guarding Amar'e. Luckily for The Warden, thats Boston's problem. Hopefully Amar'e backs up my claim that he is the best player in the league from 10 feet in :)

11. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    As a HEAT fan, I want Boston. We need to kick them in the teeth one more time, and end their "Dynasty" that never happened. One championship, year 1, that's it. For all that talk. With Perk shipped out and them being old, I think their ride is finally comming to a screetchig halt, I know the old thing is played out, but I think this time is really it.
    As for New York, I'm sure they will have their battles. Hiring a coach who at least knows how a defensive set looks like, get some big bodies and possibly a PG, and they will be contenders sooner rather then later.

12. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Also, we need a general NBA Playoffs Thread.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I agree those are the things we need, but I don't think we are ALL that away from contention.

Knicks/Heat is good for the league in general, here's to hoping it happens this year.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

14. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Been reading a few things recently that said the Knicks were going to buy out Billups for 3.5M at seasons end and use his cap space (I believe 13.5M) this offseason rather then picking up the option for 17M. Not sure thats the right move especially if the current system stays in place.

April 20th...mark it down if you havent. We will know all we need to know on the status of Donnie Walsh's health if his option has not been picked up by then. The man deserves a raise and extension instead of being lowballed by Dolan the Dunce.