1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dansby is better than every LB in the game...Why you ask?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Nov 14, 2011.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Because he said so himself.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...t-all-just-ask-him?module=HP11_headline_stack

2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    haha.

With that said, I really think that injury effected him more then we think. He played great yesterday and has been getting better the past few games.

3. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Dumb *** started the season 30 lbs overweight.

4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    He's played great the last two weeks.

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I never like hearing a player talk "me, me, me" as it tells me they're less concerned about their team and more concerned about themselves. He's played better the last couple games, but is he helping make his team mates better? JMVHO

6. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I wish there was a video of him saying this. I loved his "C'mon man!" interview about "Gridell" after the jests tripped Nolan Carroll last year.

7. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Was the injury to Dansby's brain???

Puka-head likes this.
  8. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Sounds like when VD said Miami has the best CB tandem,it's good to have confidence but he makes himself look a little stupid when he pumps himself up after a couple games against below average teams.Where was he the first half of the season?

9. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    He may not be the best... but when healthy Dansby is one of the top MLB's in the league.

Disnardo likes this.
  10. I agree with what he said except the part about him being the best. He is right about he does it all well. He is a great all around linebacker. I'm happy we got him. He plays with heart and he has a nose for making plays.

11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    if he wants to say he is the most versatile LB in the league ... maybe ... but best - NOPE

if for no other reason, the best players - make everyone else better around him ... exactly who has Karlos made better - Misi ? Burnett ? .... who??

don't get me wrong ... I'm not complaining that both Karlos and Brandon are on this team or that we are paying them ... just need them to shut up about 'themselves', and play and act like the leaders they think they are ... which doesn't mean you can't talk or even talk trash -- just means it has to have a purpose and reason.

12. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Dansby isn't the best linebacker in the game, but I don't know if there is anyone as well-rounded as he is. You can put him at any linebacker position in any defense and come away with quality performance. There's some you certainly wouldn't want him doing other than filling in at, but I think he could still do stuff like be a rush OLB, etc.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  13. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Kind if have to wonder if there was as much mis-communication in the front 7 as the DBs on assignments in games 1-7...

I know some injuries were issues to performances, but Defensively this team is playing better, even against bad teams...

14. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Didn't he say this when he signed here as well?

15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    your not the best if you don't respect your craft enough to be in top physical condition during the offseason, it means your not gonna be as good as you could be.

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Well I for one, didn't know he was a "no hole guy".

Glad that's cleared up now.

jetssuck, Rocky Raccoon and finyank13 like this.
  17. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

He may not be the best... but when not 30 lbs overweight Dansby is one of the top MLB's in the league.

FTFY.

18. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Well, he's going to have a chance to prove it this weekend chasing one of the best all around backs in the NFL, Fred Jackson.

19. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, well...as I said about Marshall. If he's as elite has he'd have us believe, why has he just now shown up (the last two games), where was he in week one, two, three, etc.. Elite players are good no matter what the rest of the team is doing. We've all seen that first hand with players like Marino and ZT and JT (in their prime). I don't ever remember ZT 'disappearing' for stretches, do you ??

Marshall is very good and as he said, can do it all as a LBer, but not elite. That kind of greatness comes out in every game, not just some of them...

20. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Well, Patrick Willis instantly comes to mind. He is being asked more to roam this year, and teams are throwing (and running) away from him, which = respect. Even when Willis isn't in the play, he makes a play. I personally do not like the fact that he is roaming more this year, but that's what the coaches are asking of him, and he still is very productive. I guess the less he bangs, the less likely he'll end up with an injury. They're protecting their $50 million dollar investment.

21. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    In my opinion Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the NFL, but I don't know he could handle on the line type techniques very well. Karlos Dansby came into the league as a 4-3 SAM playing frequently lined up directly over or outside the tight end. I don't know that Willis has the reach or the ability to handle being thrown in that kind of blocker traffic. Dansby did pretty well at it, and ended up with 8 sacks in a season to boot.

22. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    [video=youtube;HLwh5nFYK5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLwh5nFYK5Y[/video]

23. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    lol I forgot Channing was interviewed about the trip. "It's what they do, they cheat."

dolfan32323 likes this.
  24. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    He may not be, but he's paid like he is.

Agua likes this.
  25. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Glad he is confident and seemingly finally playing closer to his salary but......cmon:lol:

26. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...you hear that, ladies?

27. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Yeah, the line stuff might be a little much for him, I agree. Even though he's a beast, he's not as big as a Dansby or the other guys playing that position. Gotta give it to Willis, though, he ended up with 6 sacks last season from an ILB position. He also has a knack for FF.

I think Willis does actually do well against guards, but, as comes with the position, gets dominated every once in awhile. The new D-coordinator for SF actually wants Willis to do things differently this year (roaming and blitzing), and he's not putting up the tackling numbers as in years past. They're also playing a 4-2-5 type of defense, unless it's a 4-3 hybrid? It's usually just Willis and his counterpart Bowman (who is actually putting up big tackling #s) behind the line. They're trying to use Willis' speed as an advantage, and on most of the plays I saw against the Giants, he's actually just hanging around in the middle while Bowman does the dirty work. SF is really lucky to have those two. Helluva defense along with Justin Smith and their rookie Aldon Smith. The core of that D all started with Nolan and Singletary. The guys they drafted/brought in are doing very well.

djphinfan and Stringer Bell like this.
  28. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Except when Tebow drops his shoulder and makes you his b--ch.

29. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    IMO Dansby would be a better play making backer in a 4-3, which I hope the new coach installs.

30. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    He'd be a heck of a 4-3 SLB. He's improved over what he was in Arizona back then and it's his ideal spot.

Itsdahumidity and Vengeful Odin like this.
  31. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    I love these dumbass players that can't win but somehow manage to be "studs" at their positions.

32. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    He's like the Kenny Powers of Dolphin linebackers.