Dan Marino Sacked On Investment Of James Cameron's Firm
4 replies
But by the time the company went public in November 2011, Marino increased his share total to 1,576,525. Assuming Marino still owned that much when the company hit its peak of $9.20 per share in April, his stake would have been $14.5 million.
Since April, the shares have taken a colossal dive and are now only worth around 55 cents each, leaving Marino with just $867,000 in stock.
Mods: Didn't know where to put this.
"Finascious D wrote:
Mods: Didn't know where to put this.
I wonder if his (mostly) failed expedition to the Marianas Trench and all the expense incurred because of that have caused the drop in stock price.


IMO, his movies are generally boooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
It doesn't matter if it is Marino, or anyone else. The fact is that any time you make an investment, you are putting this money at risk. Some times you win and some times you lose. If you can't afford to lose the money you invest, you shouldn't be taking the risk.
Boy I wish I could take my social security and do something like this with it. :rolleyes: