1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan in Real Life

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by maynard, Apr 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i know its not a new movie, but i rented it last night and i was pleasantly surprised. the previews dont do the movie justice or even give an indication of what kind of movie it is

it was not some big, empty comedy, but well written and pretty heartfelt.

im not sure if it made a lot of money or got good reviews, but i really enjoyed it

2. Baxter

Baxter Premium Member Luxury Box

Same here. I didnt know what to think when I started watching it. I came out of it pretty surprised, I enjoyed it.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I thought it was alright. Certainly not something you'd expect out of Steve Carell.

4. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I enjoyed it as well

5. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I didn't see it in the theaters and almost purchased the Blu-Ray with Amazon Prime anyways. Reason being, I figured anything with Steve Carroll has to be funny as hell. Well, it was alright, but definitely disappointed me a bit.

I think I was just annoyed with the way that girl (his older daughter in the film) screams -- the one who plays his girlfriend's daughter in 40-Year Old Virgin. I will never watch another movie with her in it. Never.

6. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    good flick not the laugh your pants off movie the previews made it out to be. Kept me entertained the whole way through. Not a fan of Dane Cooks acting though.