1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Nov 2, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Is anybody else watching this game? Giants are completely dominating the Cowboys, which shouldn't be a surprise. Brad Johnson looked really bad out there and age has caught up with him as you can see how slowly he comes out of a 7 step drop. It doesn't help that his Tackles have slow feet and can't keep up with Justin Tuck and the tweener Mathias Kiwanuka. Tuck is still the best defensive player out there, him, Joey and/or Woodson for sure. Tuck has 2.5 sacks this game and read a screen so well to stop Barber about five deep in the backfield.

Dallas is a bad team and I'm not quite sure that the return of Romo in a couple weeks will help them as much. They can't keep their QB's off their backside as we all know. And they don't play defense very well. Just fail to execute on the field. Further proof that talent on paper doesn't win games. :D

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Man, if I'm Wade Phillips, I watch film over and over with the players and then once I see who showed a lack of effort, they sit next game. They have all this talent and they're just lacking effort. On the Bradshaw touchdown run, Mike Jenkins goes to tackle him and then just steps back while Bradshaw walks in the end zone. That's pitiful. I rather play with 11 guys who may not be as talented but play their hearts out then others who half-@$$ the game. This all falls on Wade Phillips and then just goes on from there. Phillips had these guys way over their heads in training camp. They were talking Super Bowl in training camp. They were all fooling around instead of working which is why they're trying to save their season right now. Poor conditioning and just abysmal execution by the Cowboys.

EDIT: Keith Davis still playing his heart out. That's a guy who should start next week.

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I watched this game as it went by on the scoreboard. Giants are up top in the NFC East but I love seeing the Cowboys get smothered.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Wade Phillips is totally the wrong guy to handle this current team. I dont know if they will rebound at this point.

At least all the Romo critics can finally shut up and admit the guy is a helluva QB. This team cant do **** without him, even with probowlers all over the field.