1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-31's 2008 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinSane, Dec 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    With the hiring of the FAT TUNA, many of your mock's will change. To me, my mock makes the most sense.

My mock(with no trade down scenario):

*Picks in numerical order.

1) DE Chris Long. Parcells and co. decides Dorsey won't fit here and will be a health risk, and with Carey excelling at LT, there's no need to take Jake Long. The team opts to take the best pass rusher to aid the secondary and an overall porous defense. Someone who can also go after the running back when they're running outside the tackles. What's not to like about Chris Long?

2) DT Kentwan Balmer. Passing on Dorsey first, we go to a glaring need, Parcells and Co. will snab this big but quick DT who has the ability to gobble up RBs and pressure the QB. A smaller Warren Sapp who will fit in the 3-4 better than Dorsey.. I had originally had him as our 3rd pick, but I think passing on Dorsey requires that you grab the second best DT in the draft(Im not sold on Sedrick Ellis), even if it may be a reach.

3) WR Mario Manningham. This team needs a WR to compliment Ginn. Manningham is perfect for that role, with solid hands and good route running. If he declares, should be availible in the lower half of the 2nd round.

4) OT Chris Williams - Passing on Jake Long? No problem! This Vanderbilt OT would be perfect to replace LJ Sheldon at RT. He's better as a zone blocker, but Im sure Houck can work miracles with this guy. If he slips to the 3rd, he would be a steal.

5) CB Terrance Wheatly - A draft that's deep with CBs should provide us with this solid cover corner somewhere in the fourth. I think Wheatly could fall into our laps provided NE doesn't pick him with the last pick in the 3rd. He's fast, which our entire secondary lacks. A solid nickel/dime corner maybe eventually starter. Some want to draft Mike Jenkins, but when you have a draft that's actually loaded with this much talent at CB, we'll be ok waiting until the second day to grab one, and I think Wheatly should be there.

Ok the rest are pretty much up in the air. I suggest we look at a G, a TE, and a LB or a S.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I only am not a big fan of the Balmer pick. But I would be ok with it.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I'm no expert on where to slot players but I think alot of those guys will be long gone before our picks come up

4. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I dont know either, the draft is unpredictable.

5. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Still nice players. We shhould have a better idea of slotting them after the combines

6. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Thanks, I hope we'll pulverize NE on Sunday :ffic:

7. finfan01

finfan01 U-C-F Knights!

Dec 19, 2007
    Orlando
    Scirotto from PSU looks like a good choice at safety...too bad he is a junior.

But the Fins definitely need a lot of help in the secondary.

8. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I agree, Balmer the 2nd best DT in the draft? I don't see it. Ellis, Gohlston, Okam, etc... are all up there ahead of him IMO. I like the Long pick but otherwise its just okay. I hope we take a DB before the 5th and I hope we get Davis or Rucker at TE.

9. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :ffic:

10. RalphX19X

RalphX19X >:)

Nov 23, 2007
    Miami
    Look for the Tuna to draft DE/DT Kendall Langford out of Hampton. Small school kid with lots of talent but we'll be able to get him in the 3rd or 4th because he's from a small school.

11. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    For christ's sake people, pay attention!! Parcells is not GM!! He will not be doing the drafting!

12. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    SORRY but I totally disagree......V.P. of Football Operations may mean different things to some NFL organizations, but you can be sure that BILL PARCELLS will be the main guy deciding who we pick in the draft. Whoever the Phins hire at GM will be a person who rubber stamps what Parcells wants. I would not be shocked if Parcells is also the GM of this team.

13. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    How is Dorsey a health risk being this year is the only year he has missed games due to injury and an injury that was blatantly cheap. I think Dorsey fits better than long because he can do more than long. He can line up as a 4-3 tackle or a 3-4 end or tackle. The rest will not be there in those rounds as chris williams would probably be gone no later than the early 3rd, manningham in the 2nd if he declares, and if Dorsey doesnt fit I dont see how Balmer does.

14. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    nice to see some mock drafts again. Dorsey or Long seem to be logical picks, but Jared Allen is a prized free agent out there, and that could shake everything up.
    I can't see Manningham lasting that long. I think this kid is tremendous, probably will rise like Sydney Rice did after workouts. Probably take Manningham (but again, some possible #2 type receivers in free agency) with our second pick, maybe a guy like Oham or that tackle from Pittsburgh after that?

15. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    PUKE to that mock. That would be a bad draft IMO.

16. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    He has us drafting Manningham in the 2nd. It is listed as numeric picks, not their draft spot. So #3 is the chargers pick in rd 2.

17. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    yea i missed that. still though i dont think manningham is going to be there in the late 2nd or even declare this year.

18. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Am I the only one that dislikes Mario Manningham? In fact, I don't like ANY Michigan player, they are all overrated IMO.

19. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I dont know, I kind of like Shawn Crable.

20. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I do like Crable. not just kind of.

21. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Parcells will have the final say in everything that happens, he will draft who he wants and will pick according to the system he wants to see especially on defense. This hiring tells me JT will retire a Fin and ZT will become a much bigger question mark come this off-season because he isn't the type of linebacker for a full time 3-4 scheme but may stick around because of what he means to the Dolphin fans.

22. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    Haven't you been able to tell that most of these folks have already made up their minds that Parcells is the second coming? Apparently they are under the delusion that he will take us to the SB next year, single-handedly! I have learned to stay back and just shake my head at some of the insanity that I read here. I just hope Parcells has the sense to help us put together a good staff and then get's the hell out of the way and let them do their jobs!