1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crybaby Chris Baker rips Jets

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by 124, Jun 5, 2008.

1. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Okay ThePhins, I'm going to express to you my point of view on Chris Baker, and I would think at least half of Jets Nation agree with me on this one. Hopefully more than half:

I am so sick and tired of this piece of ****.

Hey Chris, guess what, Eric Mangini would never be the third highest paid coach on the coaching staff because he is the HEAD COACH. That argument would actually work if you were still the starting Tight End. Guess what, you're not. Bubba Franks is better than you, and so is Dustin Keller. You're nothing but a blocker and those two can catch the ball better than you and will do so if they remain healthy. 41 catches for 409 yards was your BEST SEASON STAT WISE. Are you ****ting me? You're OVER-PAID by getting $1.65 million a year for garbage stats like that. When before did you show your "true value" *******?

And on top of all that garbage, you're a ****ing moron when it comes to the Pete Kendall situation. It tanked the teams season? Really? One ****ing player, a Left Guard, tanked the teams season? I don't think so. How about the Right Tackle? The Playcalling? Brad Smith's drops? No Pass Rush at all? No 34 Nose Tackle? An undersized "leader" of the defense playing Inside Linebacker? What about those small ****ing problems you big dumb ****.

Rot in hell.

2. What options do we have with this clown?

3. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Kill him? Release him? Hell we can't trade him because nobody is going to give us anything for a Tight End whose best season was 41 grabs for 409 yards. He's garbage. Right now he's the third string Tight End. There is a reason the Jets signed Franks and drafted Keller before Baker started crying.

BwanaZulia likes this.
  4. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    You keep in through camp and release him.

Nobody wants him.

Sorry dude but "We will look at your contract after this year" doesn't mean "We will give you a bunch more money because you had average stats."

Grow up Baker.

BZ

5. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Another great stat:

Looking at his stats he is 19th among Tight Ends with receptions and yardage and is being paid as the 20th highest Tight End in the league. Okay Chris, we'll give you a nice $10,000 raise, happy? Because maybe thats all you deserve you less than average P.O.S.

6. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    And today Chris Baker goes down with an injury. Priceless. :sidelol:

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    honestly... he's complaining about a 1.65 million dollar salary??? hell... must be nice to complain about that. id take that in a heartbeat. id scrub toilets for that for f sake... all the jets are doing is asking this guy to play TE. just another prime example of sports contracts that are way out of control...

BleedinGreenNC, 124 and alen1 like this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Some people don't have any money and some of these pros are furious at their managements for making millions. :pity:

9. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    The guy has chronic back pain?

SIGN HIM NOW!!! 10 YEARS, $80 MILLION!!!

:sidelol:

10. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Isn't this the EXACT same story that Kendell did last year? Back pain? Shots? Promises?

It is like a script.

BZ

11. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    The only difference is that the Jets have two BETTER players than Baker at his position on the roster. Kendall was backed up by an unknown that since the '07 season ended was released and hasn't been signed to an NFL roster.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Who are two better tight ends?

13. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Good question. I've heard good reports on Kellers hands in camp so far but being familiar with a certain camp wonder that had hands of stone when it counted I won't get too optimistic about the guy. Franks does intrigue me a bit though. I've been hearing that he's made a few acrobatic catches himself, so maybe the loss of Baker really wont be that big of a deal.

All in all I'd like to keep Baker around if he can pull himself back into reality, but if not its a position I wont lose much sleep over at this point.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm not bashing or anything but I don't believe that Franks is better than Baker. I think Baker is a pretty good player. As for Keller, he has yet to play a down so I am not sure how you can put him ahead of Baker. Maybe if your basing it off of overall talent.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I didn't put either one of them ahead of Baker, I only said I've heard good things coming out of camp so far. Do I think Keller has the talent to make people forget Baker real quick? Definitely, but as of right now Baker is the best TE on the team and if the Jets are forced to move him I'm sure there will be plenty of GM's making that call.

alen1 likes this.
  16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah I know you didn't put them in front, sorry if I looked like I was implying that. It seems like 124 is implying that though and I disagree with his statement.

I agree with you though.

Jets81 likes this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Np, I kinda thought that might have been the case just wasn't sure.

alen1 likes this.
  18. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Bubba Franks and Dustin Keller. The Jets signed and drafted each for a reason. Keller is an immediate upgrade as a receiver and Baker's blocking abilities are over-rated. Franks is a much better redzone target and just as good, if not a better, blocker.

To put either behind Baker is not knowing the players.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm pretty familiar with Franks. He may be a better red zone target but I do not believe he is a better player than Baker. As for Keller, I don't understand how he is ahead of Baker when he has yet to take a snap in the league. If your basing it off of talent, you may be correct.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Of the 3, Baker is probably the best of both worlds in terms of blocking and receiving. Not great at either, but can do both adequately. Franks will likely be the goal line TE and Keller will be lining up all over the place. Here's a snippet about Keller that was posted over on TGG:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers060708.htm

Like I said in the other post, I'd like Baker to stick around but we drafted a TE in the first round for a reason. The kid is expected to be the kind of playmaker that Chris Baker can only dream of being.

alen1 likes this.
  21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Exactly bro ,that's what I am saying.

22. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Of the three Chris Baker isn't even close in either catagory.

Dustin Keller is a MUCH better receiver than Chris Baker. I suggest you take off the green glasses and watch some Purdue games, 81. Chris Baker is not a good receiver. He is an adequate blocker and anyone, including Franks, can block just as well as Baker. The Jets do not need Chris Baker. He is below average.

The Jets do not need Keller to block with Franks in house. They may not even need a Tight End to stay in and block anymore now that they addressed their needs on the Offensive Line. Dustin Keller will out play Baker in every phase of the game, as will Franks. Last I checked, Baker doesn't have Franks' numbers (when healthy) or Keller's speed / hands.

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Keller is your best option, Franks' best years are behind him I dont know what happened to him thogh, he used to be very good.

:up: edited for accuracy

24. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007

I still like the idea of keeping baker around. You've got 2 guys now in Franks and Keller that, when lined up on the field, will each send a very distinct message to opposing defenses in my opinion. If the knock on Kellers blocking is untrue then more power to him and the offense. I'd like to see it with my own eye's first though before assuming that he'll outplay a vet in all facets of the game.

I'm still in line with the thought that Baker isn't a bad TE, it's just that Keller has more big play potential. I don't think he's a below average TE and I DO think he'll generate a good amount of interest if he hasn't already. Thats a win win for the Jets as far as I'm concerned.