1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crowder will play despite injured knee

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Straz, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
  2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    i guess signing derrick smith was a clue to crowder to get healthy

its against the rules to be injured

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I guarantee if Crowder didn't/doesn't play, there's no way they'd offer him a contract extension.

FinSane likes this.
  4. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Yes, Crowder is pretty much playing for his football career.
    With his college injury history on those knees, and the fact that he is having knee problems right now, I don't think many teams are going to look at him as any more than a backup.
    If he proves that he can go out there and make some plays when the coaches know he's not 100%, that will go a long way towards either getting him resigned or another team wanting him as a starter.

Kanye West likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Good, Channing is now being relied upon, it is great that he is stepping up to play.

I bet he splits time though.

6. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Do you really believe that?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you're talking about a guy that has started since he was a rookie, is just 25 years old, and is dealing with a fairly minor injury.

Seems very unlikely that teams would all of a sudden look at him as a back up.

7. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Don't get me wrong... I love Crowder and I really hope he gets re-signed by the Phins. I think he really learned a lot from ZT and he is a really smart kid.
    But... the NFL is very much a 'what have you done for me today' environment.
    Crowder has done well this year and has really stepped up his game since Zach left.
    The problem is, (IIRC) he had multiple knee surgeries in college, and now what is causing him issue? His knees. The durability questions are going to come up, and knees injuries can be difficult to ever get healed 100%.
    Any NFL scout worth his water will know about his past knee surgeries and wonder.
    Is any NFL team going to give him big money if there are serious doubts about his durability and known knee problems?

Kanye West likes this.
  8. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Channing Crowder played in 57 of the 63 games the past 4 years........that really doesn't say injury prone to me.

Were not going to find a better player in FA, and it would cost us one or even both of are 2 round picks to move up in the draft and get a better player then him.

I wonder if the people who don't want to resign him ever really put much thought into it.If you want to up upgrade are ILB's you would do it by finding someone better then you worst of the two, not by letting the better of the two walk...........that's how i see it anyway.

finsgirlie, Tone_E, mullingan and 3 others like this.
  9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I dont think we can find a better replacement for him this offseason, might as well keep him.

Kanye West and funkdat like this.
  10. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Crowder is playing because he knows the team needs him. He has been a little up and down this season, but it will be good to have him in there. Derek Smith might spell him a bit, and he should. WHEN we win this game, we'll need Crowder in the playoffs. We need to have someone who can spell him a bit.

11. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    cmon, are you jeff ireland now or what. Your statement is nothing but your opinion and you cannot guarantee anything except that they will play.

funkdat likes this.
  12. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I think they went into the season planning to re~sign him other wise it would be very, very, dumb to give him the headset, have him call out the plays,make sure everybody is lined up right " in the front 7 ", and have him playing in a leadership role if they knew he'd only be here for a year.

hugoguzman likes this.
  13. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Or a backup in case he went and found he couldn't really go in the game.:wink2:

FinSane and funkdat like this.
  14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    "Maybe"...keep in mind fundat, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year, if you have a 24 yr old ILB who has 3 yrs of experience and 100+ tackles a season who will be a FA after the season, you'd want to put pressure on him to see if he was "your guy".

The FA crop of ILB is really poor this year, if no one stands out in the Combine and workouts, Channing will be a Phin for at least 4 more years.

15. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Everybody is saying we cant find any body better then Channing Chrowder this offseason well even if we could why would you want to? To me Channing Chrowder is showing a lot of promise and he is a young talent. Plus everbody has a knee problem this time of year it is not just him. He will learn to live with it and will be fine during the game. ( Knock on wood)

16. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    plus, if we let go crowder, finsgirlie wont visit us ever again :no::cry:

17. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Yea she will how is she going to see your bright face everyday.

She does not really care about your face sorry not I am not

18. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    eeee, yep i could kind of see that but they already had over 70 or so games of him on tape from the NFL and College.

From every thing Tony has said about Channing how he keeps things light and keeps others in a good mode, them kind of people are hard to find and it always sucks when they quit or move and you know longer work with them.To me them people are worth there weigh in gold.

I don't know man ,,, i'm a fool when it comes to Channing cuzzz if it was up to me he'd be on NBC every night after the news.:up:

hugoguzman likes this.
  19. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Crowder and Will Allen playing is a HUGE relief for us. I was getting a little worried the past few days. Glad to see them going for us on Sunday.