1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crowder/Ferguson Doubtful

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Read the rest: Injuries

Not too concerned with Crowder, but Furgeson! We'll see if Soliai can hold the fort.....

azfinfanmang and Miguel like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Good test for Soliai. Mangold is no slouch, and he made several plays against him.

3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Was this last year?

4. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Wow we really needed Ferguson out there even though Soliai has been improving. I hope Soliai is ready to be full time right now.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    mangold plays for the jets

6. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Man that's tough esp. Ferg. But i'm confident Solia can step up. Who's their C is it Kazur?

I still feel ok about stopping Marooney running through the tackles with Solia than Jones last week. No comparison IMO.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Pretty sure Gapper is referring to last week.
    As I rewatched the game, one thing that REALLY stood out was Soliai. That kid was very very dominant, and that was against one of the better centers in the league.
    I imagine we will see Starksd bscking up Soliai at NT.

djphinfan, SICK and anlgp like this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Lets see how he does.

9. anlgp

thank god somebody gets it.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    sorry didnt read it correctly.....my fault

azfinfanmang likes this.
  11. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Miami can get by without both of them and going against NE who will pass the ball a ton this is a good week for them to be out as Fergie isn't very effective on passing downs nor do they use him often on passing downs. And we all know Crowder can't cover worth a shiet.

12. anlgp

no biggie. he did strip the ball that JT took to the endzone .. right? :lol:

just wanna make sure i've got my big samoan duck in a row.

SICK likes this.
  13. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I would suppose this means even more of McDaniel rotating in at NT. I hope Starks is up to destroying some people because we're gonna need it against the Pats. This is the game we've all been waiting for, to see if our scheme can match up with the wonky spread.

anlgp likes this.
  14. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    they will play unless they are really injured :yes: the game is critical

15. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I liked the job Torbor and Solia did last week. With that said I would feel a whole hell of a lot better if Furg and Crowder can play.

16. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I think we see more McDaniel there over Starks. Starks is on a roll where he is. Wonder if we see Dotson make a rare appearance.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  17. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

I agree that McDaniel will indeed see some NT time, but remember Starks did mucho time there last year as well.

Great great thing about a guy like Starks is he can play any of the 3 spots on the OL....McDaniel can also, just not as good a player.

Between Pauli-S and McDaniel, thats some serious hair in the middle .:lol:

18. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Dan Koppen is the center. Not an athletic guy, but he is consistent and plays with a good base. Has decent lateral agility, but can be overpowered. Koppen is a savvy veteran, so we will need to win via performance rather than scheme with him.

He can be driven backwards, although he does use his hands very well; an area Soliai has improved in, but needs to continue working.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  19. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Soliai & McDaniels, if Fergie is a no-go
    hope we can get ferguson & crowder up for the game

20. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Look at the big brain on Brad :lol:

Just kidding of course I am kidding my very knowledgeable friend.
    What you have outlined actually bodes well I think. One thing Soliai has always done well is bull-rush.
    The thing he has learned is where to push his man, and what to do once he gets there, or at least that is what I noticed in the Jest and Colts games.
    I think that pass rush and collapse caused by Soliai goes a long ways to beating the Patsies.
    Tammy still gets rattled if he has a guy in his face, and any sdouble teaming up front opens up things for JT, J-Peezy and hopefully Cam-Wake.

21. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Porter is on pace for his lowest totals of his career at this rate. He will get 27 tackles at this pace, he averaged 63 per game in his career heading into last season.

He cannot redirect inside right now, nor can he run the arc. His hammy is bothering him, he can't lean into the tackle and run the arc, he'll pop that badbaoy again and be gone for the year. He can't burst past people, it is becoming very apparent.

Wake may have a better chance due to the fact they have Kaczur out there, he has mobility issues, and Wake can get low enough to drive past him I believe. We'll see though, and I just thought of this, chances are we are in a good deal of a four man line this week, just given how the Pats line up.

22. emocomputerjock

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Con,

At what point does limiting Porter's reps take priority over having the mouthy defensive leader on the field? The staff seems to take forever with their adjustments and we haven't seen anything out of a lot of guys yet. I know they value being able to play hurt, and that they want to reward effort, but we're at the point where Porter is too hurt to get the job done. I just don't want to have to watch Brady eat up the defense because they can't get pressure on him.

23. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    your answer might lie in Roth .... depending upon how long Roth can go - JT can just move back to his better WOLB side ... and bring Wake in on passing downs ... making JP expendable.

24. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I would expect Roth to have a larger impact in this game, now that he has shaken off some rust.

25. emocomputerjock

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Pandarilla likes this.
  26. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Wow, we lost to much in the middle and what was an already tough game just got a whole lot harder. And I don't get it from what I seen of Kershaw in preseason he was an absolute beast.

27. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    this is no good.

28. emocomputerjock

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    The only thing I can think of is that Folsom has to be showing something - be it coverage or special teams. They cut a guy that did pretty well in preseason and was in on some of those blocks that sprung Ginn last week IIRC.

29. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I'm sure if I knew what the coaches know it would all make sense, but I got to say from where I sit it makes no sense at all.