1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU and Sager/XPS?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by 305, Apr 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Should I get a quad core cpu or core 2 extreme? Im leaning torwards the core 2 extreme... Also, trying to decide between a Sager or XPS1730 laptop... any input?

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I've been deciding on a gaming lappy myself and I found the Dell XPS M1730 to be the better overall one. But ever since I found out I still get student discounts as an alumni, I'm going to wait for the 9800GTX x2 series GPU's to come out since the 8800GTX SLI has some driver issues with Vista. If you'd rather get a Sager, I would highly recommend an upgrade in warranty or something like Alienware's On-site service because I know a group of people who've had their's RMAed. For my old Dell, which had XPS service, anything that went wrong was fixed by a technician within 24 hours which was pretty nice. I might actually go with the quad core if you know how to overclock. The extreme gives you just a slight bump in performance.