1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coyle starting to understand..I think.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Nov 22, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Awwww, it's so cute how you and fin-o used to not get along at first, then I remember when it all changed, I think you guys made love, then came back to the board and everything was different no?

MrClean and ToddPhin like this.
  2. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    That's the point that people miss imo, he never says HE'S right, he says that the stat he's using says he's right.

3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Then that makes me weird because never has anyone of his threads pissed me off, that goes for all of you, I may not agree with your stuff, but I try to know where your coming from, I don't see why he has to be different, and in fact in a lot if cases, he turned out to be right about things, especially when they came to the mental side of things.

Of course if it's not a majority I understand, don't bring him back just for me, but no way does the guy need to be treated the way he is on that other site, it's freakin gross.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    correct, his balloon knot was never the same.

5. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    ... which was even worse and more annoying b/c he used stats in ways to make his arguments seem irrefutable even though half the time they were built on a flawed premise, and then he used those flawed stat-based arguments to become smug and condescending... and intentionally derailed the forum and antagonized a mass of posters b/c they didn't care to buy the crud he was feeding them. It reached the point where he obviously was more concerned with ruining the quality of the forum than carrying on actual conversations or debates. I'm sorry you miss him, Deej, but I'm personally glad he's gone.

Fin D and shula_guy like this.
  6. Pfft I just peaked in over at the other site just to see what DJ was talking about with shou. If the mods lift the ban here I will instantly add him to my ignore list. I am not putting up with him.

DePhinistr8 likes this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The nail in the coffin for me with Shou was the epically long Hartline vs. Tannehill argument that spanned multiple threads. After a few weeks, I finally proved to him that Tannehill was not the problem with Hartline's lack of scoring, he finally understood and agreed...then a couple of days later pretended that never happened and went right back to blaming Tannehill again. That proved to me he was just trolling.

DePhinistr8 likes this.
  8. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    He always tried to paint himself as the smartest guy in the room, while never, ever coming out and making his point. He had his agenda, and it got bloated and tired. Putting him on ignore was a pretty easy decision.

Fin D likes this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He tried to paint himself as someone who made conclusions based on empirical evidence, when in reality he was someone who made conclusions and then tried to make the evidence fit, empirically.

resnor, DePhinistr8 and ToddPhin like this.
  10. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I disagree, he consistently made straw men in any argument he had, and he's not stupid, he knew what he was doing. He'd change his opinion disagree with the majority of the board. He went from Bess is a better deep threat than Hartline, to Hartline is a great deep threat that Tannehill is holding back. He was good for long threads that entertained in a troll thread way. I wouldn’t have any issues with him coming back, but I understand why he is gone.

MrClean likes this.
  11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    So you can't possibly look over a few things for the greater good, he brought a lot more to the table that your implying, were a lot alike me and you, and I learned a lot from that guy over the years, it surprises me that you can't see how his intellect works.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    And that's fine, but I do believe that's an overreaction without keeping an open mind..

13. Im not over reacting. I sxrolled through his recent post history over there. His most recent thread is a public poll asking people how much of their annual salary they would be willing to wager on THills success in the NFL. It serves no purpose other then to start arguments. That's what he did here and it is what he continues to do there. The sad part is that putting him on ignore is not enough because he intentionally goes into every thread he can to derail it into his THill sucks agenda.

He is entitled to his opinion but when people do not participate in his threads to discuss the same old tired subject he sabotages everyone elses. He is an attention whore and a troll. He was ruining the conversations around here. If it were up to me I would leave him over there until he learns to stop harassing other posters.

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    This is a great football thread, sorry I derailed it, I'll try to get it back on track.

The only way we come out on top in trying to switch to a 34 is if we sign both Solai and Starks and have them two and Odrick play up front..Starks..Solai..Odrick..with Wake and Jordan playing on the edges Is really exciting to think about..

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    we disagree completely..he's an aquired taste..someone where you just can't take things personally, once you do that he's very interesting and has been proven right on many theories over the years, theories that were mocked in the present only to come to fruition..just live and let live man.

16. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Are you saying Todd parked his car in Finomeal's garage?

17. MrClean

I'd rather flip flop Jordan and Wake so Jordan is always over the TE. The problem with that is usually the right side on defense is the weak side. Wake pass rushes better from the left side. I just don't like the idea of Wake being manned up on the TE ever. I'd rather stick with the 4-3 so Wake is always the LDE, and Jordan could play SAM in that scheme too. Sometimes he and Wake would be side by side, and sometimes both could rush the passer together from the same side.

18. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It's more like a limmo really... a stretched limmo if we're getting into specifics.

MrClean likes this.
  19. MrClean

When your stretch limo was parked, did Fin-o squeal with delight just a little in appreciation of it's expansive capabilities?

20. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    No... but he did weep a little and ask for a bandaid.

21. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    The fanbase lost their mind collectively when Keller went down.
    Never thought it would hurt us. Honestly.

22. MrClean

You don't know if it has hurt us. Having Keller would just add another weapon to the offense. We're not exactly top 10 in points scored. If Keller had stayed healthy, maybe we still aren't, but we'd be better than we are now. Clay + Keller is better than Clay.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Keller would of been great in this offense, the fit was there, he adjusted his routes just like Tannehill likes...that two tightend stuff they were stoked about in preseason was real.