1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cowboys should deal for Williams, Boldin or CJ?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    The Cowboys should do what they can to pick up Roy Williams, Anquan Boldin or Chad Johnson for a first-rounder. One of those three would be able to give the Cowboys something they don't have. A rookie is not a guarantee. One of those three would be. Now, I don't think there is a chance they will be able to get Williams, Boldin or Johnson from Detroit, Arizona or Cincinnati, but funny things can happen on draft day, so nothing gets ruled out. -- Dallas Morning News

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#4

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I dont see Boldin getting traded. I know the Cardinals are cash strapped but I think will find a way to keep Boldin next year from FA.

Roy Williams stated like a week ago he would love to play or wants to play in Dallas. I think that could be a real possibility. The Lions I think will get rid of Williams before the end of this season if not before the draft. He has stated he wants out of Detroit before and after last weeks comments, he could have sealed a move from there.

3. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    I've only ever heard Roy Williams say he is happy in Detroit, do you have a link?

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    "Williams and Jones, who were both first-round draft picks in 2004, will become unrestricted free agents after next season and sources close to the players say they've had enough and want out."

Ill find you a better link if I can.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2007/12/williams_jones_likely_to_leave.html

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
    phinfanuk likes this.
  5. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    This posted a while back on this forum

Lions: Williams comments on Cowboys rumors
    The News
    Roy Williams commented on the rumor of a possible trade to the Dallas Cowboys, according to The Star-Telegram. Williams said, "Of course I want to stay in Detroit. Everybody wants to stay with the team that drafted them. They are telling me I am going to be a Lion for at least one more season. That's what I have on my mind. What are they going to do with me? Could they pay me? Yes. Will they pay me? That's the question that needs to be answered. If I get franchised, I get franchised. If they want to go in another direction, that is part of the business." A source close to Williams said that he wants to play for the Cowboys if he isn't in Detroit, but Williams noted "Man, you know I can't answer that question."

Our View
    Williams and Terrell Owens would make an exceptional receiving tandem for Tony Romo if this rumor proves true.
    http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/

6. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    on 4-2-08 on this forum

Roy Williams-WR- Lions
    Lions WR Roy Williams reportedly "wants to play in Dallas."

"I don’t want to dismiss that we could look at a veteran situation, and we could look at a veteran situation before the draft," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. The Lions have repeatedly said Williams isn't available, but a deal still makes some sense at the right price because he's in a contract year.
    Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

7. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Thanks guys, but he still hasn't come out and said that he wants to leave Detroit. If he is on the block I would be more than happy to offer up pick #57 for him. IMO the Cowboys are looking at a championship run and may send #28 to Detroit if they want him enough.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007

He has stated that he wants out of Detroit last year. I can't seem to find the darn link lol. Ill try to find it again. I wonder if Brandon will back me up on this one, we have talked about this before.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008