1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cover 2 to spot evolved 'cat?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TiP54, Jun 19, 2009.

1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
  2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I would think the defenses response will be more Ss that can play run or pass. I see it as less likely that you'll find many MLBs who can consistently cover WRS.

3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Especially small and shifty ones.
    Cam, Bess, Heartline...

4. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I dont think there is much here. Cover-2 isnt a defense, its a coverage. Two deep safeties playing halves of the field. I dont think that coverage is specifically advantageous because it makes it more difficult for a safety to come forward in run support, a common tactic vs the Wildcat. It aint any secret weapon either, I would wager most defensive snaps in the NFL had cover-2 assignments. The Tampa-2 is a total defensive scheme, but I dont see how it is any more effective given how much an unbalanced line like in the wildcat messes with their gap alignments.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

That and most QBs know how to read a Cover 2. Pat White definitely should be able to if he doesn't already (he does and will) before he takes the field on any given game day.

I don't really see what the big deal about cover 2 is either. Or any coverage really. You just take advantage of that coverages weakness. The wildcat has weaknesses.. Cover 2 has weaknesses.. Everything does.

6. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Isn't that exactly what we wanted? Take one of those guys out of the box and our blocking advantage is even more increased. :up:

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    just have to deal with the game as it evolves

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

The interesting thing this season is going to be exactly this; watching to see how opposing defenses try to counter the WC, and how we counter them with the WildPat.