1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could we draft a QB with the 1st pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Roman529, Jan 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I have heard all kinds of arguments against drafting a QB with the first overall pick, but do you think the Tuna might draft a guy like Matt Ryan, if there is no trade down?

If we decide to pass on Dorsey, we could likely grab Frank Okam, the huge DT, out of Texas with the 32nd pick....assuming he is still there? I think Okam would probably fit better in a 3-4, but if you are talking size, Okam is a beast. Do you think the Tuna would invite Traylor back for another year?

I just think we have make sure we don't screw up the # 1 overall pick, and I don't see anyone trading up for us. :001_rolleyes:

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I saw on one of these posts that Frank Okam was considered a late second early third..... but I think we could draft Ryan after the combine showings.

3. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Ryan and Brohm are not first overall players. Maybe if the Dolphins trade down, this is possible. However, this is not likely. Neither qb is compelling enough at this point, and I am not sure either is that much better than Beck. Ryan does not protect the ball. Brohm is injury-prone, immobile, and neither guy has a great arm, more pedestrian.

We need qb help for sure, but Dorsey is more compelling at the top of round one.

4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Matt Ryan is the consensus top QB in the opinions of NFL draft scouts. Charlie Casserly contacted all 32 teams and to inquire on where they ranked this years prospects. Casserly said "Ryan is head and shoulders above all the other QB's in the minds of the NFL scouts."

5. Breed

Breed New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Define great arm. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning don't have great arms either. They both have very good arm strength with great accuracy, but neither one has a cannon like Jamarcus Russel.

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I'd much rather we draft Brian Brohm with the 1st overall pick than Glenn Dorsey. IMO, Brohm is by far the best QB in this draft. I'd also rate him ahead of any QB that was selected in last years draft......

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008