1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could we be going after Harbaugh again?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by magicap, Dec 14, 2014.

1. magicap

magicap Shonuff

Jan 21, 2012
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Lol the thumbnail for this thread on my tapatalk are a back to back picture of Jeff Ireland smiling like a dunce + a picture of a dump truck dropping $$$.

3. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I think Harbaugh is letting his wife set parameter's that is going to extremely limit his options. Ross should Fly her down here and take her on a tour and show her what Miami & Lauderdale have to offer. Otherwise she is going to eventually run her husband out of the biz.

4. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Florio was on Dan Patrick and he believes the Harbaughs (husband & wife) are all in for the Raiders and that the Raiders are all in for Harbaugh. Not that I like Florio but he generally knows what's going on.

Very unlikely he'll come here, imo. He may use Miami to raise the price for the Raiders. But, Michigan seems to have already done that.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Predicting what Jim Harbaugh is going to do has never been a sound practice.

All you can do is assess the situation and wait.

Teams, I think they're more predictable. And I think there are quite a few that will balk at the price tag that Michigan just threw out there. And because Ross is tied to both Michigan and Miami, they can surmise that he will have at least one NFL offer that matches the Michigan offer. Or maybe even betters it.

A lot of teams aren't even going to waste valuable time they could be looking for another guy, just so that they can interview and throw a non-competitive offer at Jim Harbaugh.

The price tag may have even knocked Oakland out of the frame regardless of what Jason La Canfora thinks.

6. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    You think Harbaugh might choose Oakland even with the lesser salary? I don't know, to me it seems like they've got nothing going for them except for location, and maybe the high draft pick.. everything else seems to be in Miami's favor.

7. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

It's about control just like Saban Michigan would allow him to be the mini-dictator he craves.

8. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't know. People are generally pretty self-interested entities. It's just about finding the right balance of location, money, power and current success.

If you were in Harbaugh's shoes, how would you view the options that might be on the table?

I guess that would be Oakland, Miami, NYJ and Michigan with the possibility of teams like Chicago and NYG out there as well.

9. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    The headline on NFL home page after Harbaugh loses to the Chargers (Niners set single-game franchise rushing record, but still can't win)

Should be more like(49ers blow a 21 point half time lead at home field and skid to a miserable 7-8)

Harbaugh's coaching ability sure doesn't impress me, that team has declined every year he's been there. Pass please.

10. speed

speed Banned

Oct 14, 2014
    I hear he is going to sign with Michigan, so he can torment my Buckeyes!