1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Tony Gonzalez Ask Out of KC?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Sep 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Could TE Gonzalez play for another team?

They need to stock pile draft picks so it could be a good move. They may not get a really high pick because Gonzalez's career is winding down but I think they could pull out a fourth rounder from a trade. Thoughts?

2. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Gonzalez is in the same situation that Zach and Taylor were in here.
    They'd be doing him a favor and themselves one as well to get a draft pick for him.

Ultimately though, if they are going to improve that team the biggest step they could take would be to Kick Herm Edwards to the curb ASAP.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Why would they trade aging vets for picks when they can trade their best young talent? Foolish foolish people you are to doubt the will of Peterson and Edwards, the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.
    Then again, they might fire Peterson now that Matt Millen is available ....

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I've heard talk that Larry Johnson could go to the Saints in return for a draft pick. The Saints need a bruising back since Deuce is non-existent. I don't know if that has any possibility of happening but just putting it out there.

5. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I dont get why they would do that unless they feel they wont be competitive in the next 4-5 years.

I didnt get the Allen trade either. Why do you trade your best young players away? Maybe they can get a second for Bowe? Hell, next year they could probably recoup the first they paid for Albert too!

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lmao.

Well, Johnson hasn't been happy there. They're trying to rebuild the team and they like what Jamaal Charles and Kolby Smith bring. Johnson is twenty eight years old and by the time they are competitive again, his career may be winding down which is why they could be looking to get draft picks for him. If they try and trade him later, they won't get the same in return.

The Allen trade was an important one for them. As far as I know, behind the scenes, Jared Allen simply did not want to play there. He did not care about the team nor did he care if they won any games. He didn't like the coaching staff and was just not happy at all. This was one of the reasons he often went out and drinked alcohol from what I understand. Once he was moved to Minnesota, he was overly excited as were the Chiefs. They got rid of a guy who didn't want to play for them and was a problem while they got draft picks to rebuild.

7. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    If that was the case Id think it had a simple answer. Keep Allen, ditch Herm. :up:

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, I'm in the same boat as you but apparently Carl Peterson isn't.

9. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Which is why hes on the hot seat. Cheifs fans are gonna replace Detroits you will soon see. Fire Carl Peterson signs will abound in Arrowhead :lol:

Though have to say it was a nice win for them today. If the Rams can somehow survive vs buffalo that would leave Cinci as the worst team in the NFL lol. Goodbye Marvin Lewis.