1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could someone please answer this question?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Trowa, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I asked this question in the thread about dumping Yeremiah Bell, and no one will answer it for me.

This thread is not meant to bash Chad Henne, so I don't need the Henne apologists coming in here and offering up their littany of excuses why he's not as bad as everyone thinks. I simply want an answer to the question. I think that if we can find an answer to the question we might be able to better understand the psychology of the board and have better discussions in the future that don't devolve into people on either side of the debate throwing their feces at each other.

So please, discuss.

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

IMHO the whole DB needs to be blown up and reshuffled. Vontae sucked B4 his injury, Sean S is still sucking, Allen, Bell and Carroll are all waving a red bullfighter cape at every receiver that comes their way.

This group has some decent talent, but the coaching they are getting sucks. I want the Chin running this team, with Luck at QB. THEN I'll regain some enthusiasm toward this team.

3. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    That didn't answer the question at all.

Mile High Fin likes this.
  4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Since not a single Dolphin's player has ever gone without blame, and thus earned a fair share of the blame, I dont know what type of answer you honestly expect. Of course Henne gets blamed for his play, to claim otherwise, and then seek an answer that doesnt exist...well....that's a fools errand.

5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Chad Henne is playing OK.

Yeremiah Bell is playing bad.

That's the difference, IMO. But I think Bell is the most overrated player on this team... and have thought that for a couple years now.

Chad Henne needs to play better, but the whole team does. I think people defend Henne when people ignore other factors and place the blame on Henne alone.

MrClean, brandon27, 2socks and 5 others like this.
  6. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Dude, this is a football forum for one of the worst teams in the NFL and you want to discuss psychology of the board?

Aquafin likes this.
  7. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I have NEVER understood the love affair with Bell. The guy is a horrible safety...

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Chad Henne has a 79 passer rating, which is about 22nd in the league, and I think that pretty accurately describes how he's doing this year relative to everyone else. If you want to call that "OK" or "mediocre" or "good" or "bad"...that's up to you.

Anonymous, Sceeto and Stringer Bell like this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    because all offseason mostly everyone was blaming HIM for the seasons misfortunes, which in some peoples mind was not accurate...For christs sake his own fans were chanting for another QB at practice..

Don't you think thats takin the blame for the whole team...

Some just wanna support the guy based on his play, and create an environment that isn't belittling him every step of the way for the chance that having fans that support him might bring out the best in his game.

He's played harder and better than anyone on this pathetic team, I think during the offseason he did his job as an athlete {focus on athletic improvement}, I'am not sure I can say the same for a lot of the guys...

All that being said, all Ive heard for 6 months is criticism of the player, without including everyone else, so I'am not even sure where your getting this complaint from.

10. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    It's better than every single thread devolving into a Henne bash/Henne defense thread, no? It's better than people being at each other's throats constantly, no?

11. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    So you bashing the Henne supporters in your opening post is not going to stir the pot?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  12. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    This is a completely valid argument. I think that a lot of posters do over simplify the issues on this team to ONLY Chad Henne. And obviously that's not the case. There are issues on this team with the offensive line, secondary, pass rush, Brandon Marshall, conditioning, coaching, and even talent acquisition itself. I believe we all realize this. In my experienc, any time any of those issues are brought up we can all agree that these are issues that need to be addressed. However when the issue of Chad Henne arises it always devolves into the same argument over and over again. I'm not innocent in this at all, but I am trying to figure out a way to fix it so that we don't spend the next 4 months at each other's throats.

13. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I didn't bash Henne supporters, I'm sorry if you took it that way. I don't understand how saying I'm not trying to bash Henne equates to me bashing Henne supporters but okay...I simply stated that I wasn't trying to bash Henne and therefore we didn't need this to devolve into yet another Bash Henne/Defend Henne thread and was trying to nip it in the bud before it got to that point.

14. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't think Chad Henne has played harder or better than anyone on this team. Just my opinion.

I'll give him credit for trying. But he's just not good enough, IMO.

15. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I really like the passive-aggressive insult...:lol:...well done.

16. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

It is a career high. It is progress.. He is continuing to develop.

He had the big 3rd year starting JUMP everyone was hoping for.

2009 75.2 QBR
    2010 75.4 QBR
    2011 79 QBR

Only a 0.2 improvement year one to yer two (starting), yet a 3.6 point jump this year! This could become exponential improvement in future years.

Next year he will easily crest 80. By 2017/2018 he will be nearing the elite 90 QBR level.

17. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    this. end thread.

18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    yeah, because he got hurt. He could've very well gone on to have another 90 QBR day and boosted it to the mid 80's. You just don't know.

19. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Ryan
    Freeman
    Roethlisberger
    Sanchez
    Flacco
    Bradford
    McCoy
    Cutler
    Cassel

All performing about equal to or worse than Henne.

20. Matt5202

Matt5202 New Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Why? Because hes the QB. It comes with the territory. Wanna play QB? Accept the responsibility (fair or not) for your teams fate.

21. danloc04

danloc04 New Member

May 29, 2008
    There's still 21 players performing better than him.

22. danloc04

danloc04 New Member

May 29, 2008
    He also could have had another mid 50s QBR day and lowered it more.

23. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Other QBs have guys routinely making plays in the endzone for them. Calvin does it for Stafford on a weekly basis.

If Marshall doesn't miss 3 TDs (the three they re played during the Chargers game) Henne would have a 91.4 QBR and Miami is likely 2-2.

Gruden mentioned tonight about the good teams making those key plays when provided to them (or was it that bad teams don't capitalizing on them, I forget).
    Yeah, Henne could be playing better, but you still gotta come through for your QB when he IS making plays.

24. danloc04

danloc04 New Member

May 29, 2008
    I don't necessarily think it's good practice to say "well if his receiver caught a ball, his rating would be this" without doing that for other qbs in the league. I don't know if Henne is suffering from more drops by his receivers than other qbs are. Didn't Andre Johnson drop a touchdown pass against us? Maybe Hennes rating would go up if you count drops as catches, but would every other QBs as well?

25. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Le sigh

And yet again it turns into a bash henne/defend henne thread.

There's no hope for this forum.

MrClean likes this.
  26. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    For some reason, I can only remember one touchdown the Marshall dropped. Yet, everyone keeps saying he dropped 3. What were the other two?

Also, everyone says Marshall has 6 drops, but according to hosted.stats.com, he has 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.