1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Chris Chambers be back in Aqua?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by orangefinfan, Nov 3, 2009.

1. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Get Up And Go likes this.
  2. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    A veteran receiver couldn't hurt. The question is whether or not he is worth the balance of that contract.

3. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    Miguel likes this.
  4. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    who gets cut?

5. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Come on guys, Schefter said nothing about him coming to Miami.

MonstBlitz, Miguel, SeanP and 7 others like this.
  6. RunRickyRun

RunRickyRun New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    a inside linebacker.

Miguel likes this.
  7. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
  8. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Did say potenial suitors included Miami, maybe not Adam, but ESPN.

jason8er likes this.
  9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I believe he said Baltimore and Miami were likely landing spots. It could be more speculation than anything though.

Hopefully this thread will actually stay in the Dolphins forum, because you know... it is concerning a player that could come to Miami.

wpgfishfan, Miguel and NaboCane like this.
  10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    if he clears waivers i have no doubt Miami is the first place that'll be on his mind. He was upset when he left. He loved it here. And im sure he wants to be back.

Does Parcells care tho...? somethings telling me, no. he doesn't.

Miguel and Zeke0123 like this.
  11. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I posted the quote from espn on the other thread....They said Schefter had two teams on the possibility list- Miami and Baltimore

jason8er likes this.
  12. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Chambers is not the same player all of you want him to be.
    You remember him when he was at his inconsistent best and NOW he is consistently TERRIBLE

Do you want a receiver that was thrown to 26 times with only 9 receptions??Do you want a receiver with one of the lowest catch percentages in the NFL AT 34.6%???YES EVEN MUCH LOWER THAN GINN...

BRINGING HIM IN WOULD BE NOTHING SHORT OF INSANITY

13. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I agree we should steer away from bringing him back. If Ginn dropping passes pisses you off then we have really short memories. Chambers was just as bad at times.

cdz12250 likes this.
  14. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Truth be told, I really have not paid that much attention to him once he was traded. But if those are true numbers, was it just drops that he is experencing or what?

15. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    If you watch how rivers plays the game, you'll see very quickly that he EXPECTS his wrs to play big and go up and get just about every pass.

Malcolm Floyd and Vincent Jackson are very tall men. (oh yeah, and that guy Gates or whatever) Rivers puts almost every pass way up there and expects the wr to get it. He almost never puts it on their numbers. Chambers, while his vertical is ridiculous, is still only 5'11. And when Rivers style of play is like Eli's was when he had Plaxico, chambers is going to be the odd man out.

Chambers does drop passes though. we've always known that. But at some point the chargers realized they have two 6'4+ wrs theyd rather use than chambers.

I don't think we're gonna sign chambers. Just doesnt seem like Parcells. but i can't say chambers ever really fit wiht what the chargers were trying to do on offense.

16. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Personally, I'd rather see Turner given a chance to play. Besides, I just don't see this FO making a move to claim him.

EdSta74 likes this.
  17. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I personally want to see Turner as well, a friend of mine says that Turner is a game player not a good practice player and just needs to be put in and given the shot to make it or break it.

18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    baseless speculation......

19. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    IF indeed Miami is looking, I would not be opposed to bringing Chris back for a look. What could it hurt? He's not been anything in San Diego, and maybe a deja vu change of scenery could rejuvenate (albeit, shortly) his career.

I've always liked Chris and would not mind seeing him back in Miami. I've not really watched him in SD, so I really do not know how poorly he's done (although, someone pointed out the stats).

Could be one of those "acorns", at least for the rest of the season. I am very open to bringing in a veteran WR for a young QB. I think it could be decent for both parties.

20. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah, but as has already been asked...who do you cut?

SargeZ33 likes this.
  21. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Please god no

dolfan32323 likes this.
  22. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Yeah, I guess Kershaw would be on that short list. I would probably be opposed to that, but seeing that Torbor and Ayodele have somewhat filled in OK thus far, maybe that would be the cut if Chambers warranted the look.

Definitely a tough situation to deliberate. But considering the possibilities, this may warrant, at the very least, a look.

23. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    kory sheets....who came in to return kicks (umm ginn?) and came to the dolphins out of shape......we have 3 tailbacks without him. hes easy to cut.

24. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Ah, that's right. Forgot about him.

He came in out of shape??

25. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    Thats a good question. I would cut someone from the practice squad, and make room to demote someone into it that doesnt have a good chance of being claimed. Im sure there is someone that fits that profile.

26. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    There you go!:up:

SICK likes this.
  27. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I guess Chambers has had some personal issues going on... check out this article from SD that interviewed Chris after he got cut.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/nov/02/chargers-part-ways-chambers02/

But, in a phone conversation after he was released, Chambers (who is recently divorced) said he believes some off-field issues played into his release – specifically a relationship with a woman sources on the team believed may have had a negative impact on his performance.

SargeZ33 and SICK like this.
  28. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I'm sorry, despite everything we know about the guy, this FO would be absolutely remiss if they don't even look at him. He's worth a workout and an attempt to see if he fits into our offense. We currently have a VERY rocky situation at WR, with the depth chart fluctuating almost on a per game basis. We need to look at every possible opportunity to stabalize that position.

That being said, I do think that they need to be very impressed with how he fits with what we're doing to bring him in. I'm doubtful, but again, we need to look under every rock and see what we can come up with, because that position absolutely needs help right now.

29. xer0

xer0 xD

May 24, 2008
    Ohio
    I read the drama...its not that bad...the other woman is just a bit psycho and he can't seem to pull himself away from her.

Anyone that's been with a psycho chick before probably knows why. ;)

Really if this is what all the fuss is over its no big deal.

I still think Miami should take him. He might have a huge chip on his shoulder and bringing him back to the team he loved might provide an extra spark as well.

Remember in Cleveland just a month ago Braylon was dropping every ball in sight. A change of scenery can make a big difference.

Sure he could suck it up...but that can always happen. The risk is low and the potential reward is pretty high if he can return to form. If not he gets cut in the offseason and we move on.

Phinvader Bill likes this.
  30. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

:no:

No Parcells ignores it if its a WR thats his thing. He Belives we can be a great Team without a WR:no:

31. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    That makes me wonder, is Parcels one of those guys that knows what he wants to do, and has been doing it for so long, that he doesn't like to waiver from that? In this case getting a big time wide receiver. Like Braylon Edwards, Dwayne Bowe, ect..

Do you really see Parcels going for a WR in the first round next year?

32. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i cant see it hurting anything other then some ones wallet, if we bring him in. he would immediately be our best receiver.

Miguel likes this.
  33. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Even if he isn't our best receiver, doesn't he help out the other receivers in getting open? Even just a little help would go a long way.

34. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Lmao...our best reciever?? Lmao

35. Miguel

He is better than anything we have now and when he was a fin i saw catches that were more than 2o yards..

I also saw easy drops but o well..
    Yes bring him in..

But Parcells thinks WR are for wimps o well

36. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    no. not a chance. Camarillo is everything Parcells is looking for in a wr. And we can get more camarillos in the later rounds.

If we had Calvin johnson sitting there at our pick, parcells would take him. But we don't.

We're going Safety. No doubt in my mind.

37. Miguel

If Chris Chambers isnt picked up in 58 minutes then He should be looked AT PLEASE GOD

38. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I wondered that too, but remember he gave the ok for us to use the Wildcat, which was very un-Parcells-like. He took a chance on Ricky Williams, even though he publicly stated he didnt want "problem children" on his team. They re-signed Jason Taylor after all the drama that was summer of 2008.

This team hasnt been run in a typical Parcells fashion thats for sure. Anything can happen.

39. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    IF the Dolphins bring in CC, he would without a doubt be our best reciever on our team. Even at the age of 31, he could still out play any WR we have right now.

Sure he can drop some balls, but he has made so many plays that some of his drops can e overlooked. Something we can't say about our other Wr's.

40. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    So because our WRs cant catch we should bring in a WR who cant catch?
    and why spend 2.4 million on a rental? Golden Tate or Vincent Jackson plz.

NaboCane likes this.