1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooney (CBS): Busy Dolphins visit 37. Notes on a league investigation.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by invid, Apr 21, 2015.

1. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Because this is one week out from the draft, I thought this'd be okay to post in the mains. Frank Cooney has listed most, if not all, of our visits and then broke down the visits in relation to the status of those positions on our roster. He also states that because of all of the talent local to Florida, the staff is flirting with another investigation (one that would force a change in the rules and not so much a punishment to the team specifically) deeming the practice "anticompetitive". I don't agree with it, but it is an article that puts things in perspective with the draft one week around the corner.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-draft-busy-dolphins-visit-37-including-8-wrs

MrClean, Bpk, Tone_E and 1 other person like this.
  2. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    If we move up, it'll be for Kevin White, Amari Cooper, or Brandon Scherff. We would most likely have to move above the Giants at pick number 9. If we stay put, I don't think we select Trae Waynes (just an opinion). We have two 3rd year corners, and we've signed Bowman and McCain. I think La'el Collins, Alvin Dupree (hard to pass up on an athlete like that), will be the pick at 14. Moving down puts a whole lot of other positions at play, namely WRs Parker, Perriman, Strong, and Dorsett. DTs Eddie Goldman, Malcolm Brown, and maybe Shelton who has been losing steam in the draft stock department. OT/Gs La'el Collins and Cameron Erving. And of course RBs Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley. I know, not too specific with the trade-down options but I legitimately think any of those guys could be the picks.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Compiled them into rounds....

Possible Dolphins Draft Picks (Based On Visits)

1st Round
    OL - La’el Collins, Jake Fisher, Ereck Flowers
    WR - DeVante Parker, Breshad Perriman, Dorial Green-Beckham
    LB/DE - Stephone Anthony, Vic Beasely, Bernardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman
    CB - Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Jalen Collins
    RB - Melvin Gordon

2nd Round
    OL - Ali Marpet, Tre’ Jackson
    WR - Breshad Perriman, Dorial Green-Beckham, Sammie Coates, Phillip Dorsett
    LB/DE - Stephone Anthony, Bernardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman
    CB - Eric Rowe
    RB - Duke Johnson

4th/5th/6th Rounds
    WR - Stefon Diggs, Chris Dunkley, Rashad Greene, Vince Mayle
    LB/DE - Thurston Armbiter, Ramik Wilson, Lynden Trail
    CB - D’Joun Smith, Tray Walker
    FS - Cedric Thompson
    TE - Nick O’Leary, Gabe Holmes, Jean Sifrin, Clive Walford
    DT - Xavier Cooper, Tyeler Davison, Darius Kilgo, Jordan Phillips (DT/NT)

The Dolphins draft strategy is somewhat emerging through these visits.
    - Target the BPA at WR, OL, LB or CB at #14
    - Prepared to address at least TWO of the following in rounds 1 & 2 : WR, OL, LB, CB and RB
    - In rounds 4, 5 & 6 they are preparing to pick up a DT and a TE
    - With that many positions to address in Rounds One & Two everything points to either trading down to re-coup the 3rd round pick or trading a player for a player to fill an additional hole.

4. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL

Man that is just crazy as the Dolphins are abiding by league rules. Does that mean that the Cowboys, Texans, Chargers, Raiders, and 49'ers all get investigated as well with the talent out of Texas and California? Seems like a waste of time imho.:yes:

dolphin25 likes this.
  5. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    I agree. It'll most likely be a league-wide mandate, not just a one-team punishment.

6. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    no wonder the Bengals suck...