1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cook: Favre willing to play for Jets or Bucs

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by 124, Aug 6, 2008.

1. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    :up:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/06/cook-favre-willing-to-play-for-jets-or-bucs/

2. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1744

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    If I'm the Pack, he becomes a Jet and out of my league.

4. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    August 6, 2008
    Jets still in the hunt for Favre
    Good morning, Jets fans. You’re still in the hunt for Brett Favre.

It appears to be the Jets vs. Bucs, although with the ever-indecisive Favre making decisions, it’s impossible to rule out other scenarios - i.e. staying retired.

There are conflicting reports this morning on the Favre saga. The Tampa Tribune is reporting that Favre-to-the-Bucs is a virtual done deal, that it could be announced as soon as today. FoxSports.com is saying that the Jets have a better offer on the table, but Favre still hasn’t warmed to the idea of playing in New York.

My gut still tells me the Bucs are the favorite, that the Favre camp is using the Jets as leverage, hoping the Bucs cough up a better offer to the Packers. But, make no mistake, the Jets are in this, trying to convince Favre they’re the right spot. The Jets spoke directly to Favre last night, according to ESPN and the NFL Network.

The Jets have been hiding out in the weeds for 12 days, waiting for this chance. Now they have it and, from all indications, they’re trying to get it done. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they’re offering QB Chad Pennington, who would be a solid complement to the inexperienced Aaron Rodgers.

This is going to be a wild day.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/08/jets-still-in-the-hunt-for-fav.html

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Tampa is a better destination for him. Same basic offense, wide-open division.

6. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    And the Jets are a better place for him with the Packers point of view.

7. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/fo....html#comments

Go to Comments...

Here what Boland says in a comment:

Posted by E.Boland | August 6, 2008 12:40
    Favre is on his way to NY in his Jet with his agent . Stay Tuned-will update this as more info comes available.