1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Con's Key's to the Game: Week 12 - New England at Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
  2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Oh so the others were crap then. I see how it is. :lol:

There is no pleasing some people.

HugeFinFan, Alex44, Puka-head and 7 others like this.
  3. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    An informative and enjoyable read as always!! Thanks so much for your time and efforts each week.

Conuficus likes this.
  4. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Terrific write up con as usual. Those are most certainly the keys to the game

Conuficus likes this.
  5. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Thanks guys. To be honest I actually type these pieces up in about 4-5 hours so it isn't THAT bad. The fact that posters such as yourselves take the time to read it is the best part. Hopefully it spawns discussion, something I am fond of then I am happy. The scary part for me is to watch to see if this stuff happens druing the game. Leap of faith. :jump:

I think Muck needs to get some credit for these each week too, as I am not putting these pictures in etc. That stuff if all Muck and mad genius. The pick of the diving LB is brilliant.

:hi5:

GoPhins!, ascii and gafinfan like this.
  6. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

To me, the biggest key to this game will be putting ourselves in 2nd and 3rd and short situations. Of course that sounds elementary, but the last time we played the Pats (and several other "top tier" teams) we had great success in keeping the down and distance in our favor. How do we do it? Quick, short passes on first down. To me it's imperative that we do this early and often to sustain long drives, keep their offense off the field, swallow up TOP, and let our defense stay rested.

On another note: We need TOUCHDOWNS. Too many field goals and too many close games lately. We have to combine the short passing game with our ground attack and move the ball down the field. There is nothing better than 2nd and 5. That opens the playbook wide and will keep NE off balance. That will be key.

7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I agree on the TDs.

And con. If it doesn't happen in the game the dolphins either

A) saw something else they could exploit more
    B) or failed to execute.

I sure hope it's option A

8. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Great read as always, though you lose me a little when you start talking blocking and technical stuff... LOL!

9. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    HULKFish likes this.
  10. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I agree that it is important, but it may not be the biggest thing. Actually tackling a kick returner before the 30 may be th biggest thing. :lol:

I mention the same point here in the piece:

Puka-head likes this.
  11. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

As always, a great read Con. You really have a way with words and make an oldster put the grey matter to use.:up::up:

Conuficus likes this.
  12. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Thanks, finally got around to reading this after a brutal week at work. After reading your piece I'll be watching how the Phins try to attack Mayo with particular interest!

Conuficus likes this.
  13. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Great job again Con! The one thing I'd add, or maybe I over looked it, is for the offense to start out the first 2 drives in a no huddle situation. This could help wear down Wilfork.
    Thanks for the great read Con!

Conuficus and Puka-head like this.
  14. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Awesome as always!

Three things I really want to see this week.
    1) Samson Satele on some screens to Ricky Williams. I don't care much who he hits, I'm looking for quantity here. He will be a huge part of the success or failure of our running game.
    2) I really would like to see Yeremiah Bell knock Wes Welker into next Sunday. Just one good knock his helmet off feet flying up in the air, layin on the field, (but walking off) shaking his head smackdown, causing a fumble or int. And then the camera panning over to Welker, sitting on the sideline with a wistful look on his face as he enjoys the Florida sunshine.
    3) Jake Long using Jane Seymoure for a speed bump and Ronnie running over Hobbs like he did that Raider DB last year.

Other than that, they should stick to your gameplan coach.

Conuficus likes this.
  15. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Oh , and a Ginn Kickoff return for a TD, the opening kickoff would be good, then don't let New England kickoff again.

Conuficus likes this.
  16. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    outstanding read as always con.

Conuficus likes this.