1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commentary: The Sky Is Falling!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phunwin, Jul 29, 2008.

1. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008

It still wouldn't shock me if we traded a mid round pick for Favre. If Beck, whom I like, is not the guy, then we're left with journeyman McCown and rookie Henne. It might not be a popular notion, but it does make sense.

3. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    The biggest drawback in acquiring Farve, is that we would have to acquire John Madden too. It's like water and sodium, there's just no getting around it.

HULKFish likes this.
  4. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I just don't see us making a play for Favre, or Favre wanting to come to Miami. Would it make us better? Absolutely, however, it probably does not make us a playoff team. I would rather go with what we got right now. Unless McCown, Beck, or even Henne gets some TC/Preseason/Game day experience, under this new regime's management and playing style, we can not get a decision on where we are at QB wise. McCown, might just be good enough with the proper coaching and game plan. Beck might be just what we are looking for with proper preparation and reps prior to being told to go in there a play. Henne might be the next big thing, but we won't know until he gets some reps. I just think this is too important a decision to put off another year or two while Brett plays. Just my opinion.

RevRick and DennyCrane like this.
  5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Heh, misleading title...the sky already fell last season.

HULKFish likes this.
  6. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Favre has not had a good year in years. He has only been playing to get the record. I would never want him here.

7. burger13

burger13 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    South Jersey
    are you serious?? Did you watch football last year? He probably would have won MVP if not for the season Brady had. Oh, and his team went 13-3. Oh, and he again didn't miss a game. I don't particularly want him here either....but to say he hasn't been good in years is just silly.

BTW - nice to see so many familiar faces (um....names) around here...I was kinda wondering where everyone went. :up:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  8. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    rofl

9. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  10. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
  11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    that would shock the hell out of me

12. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

I would be shocked. Not for the reasons people suspect, though. I don't think Ireland would even blink at giving up a 3rd for Favre. However, the Packers have been pushing for a first round pick for him, and I doubt they'll settle for less than a second. And that might be a bit of a high price to pay.

:lol:Good point.