1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commentary: So Long, JT

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phunwin, Jul 21, 2008.

1. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Nice article. I too would like to see JT do well. And like you, I would be happy with the last pick of the 2nd rd.

3. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    Don't let the door hit you on your way out

4. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Great read:
    I wish JT all the luck and I hope he makes it to the HOF and that he can retire as a Dolphin some way when he hangs up his cleats.
    It wasn't exactly what he wanted as far as being traded to a team with a chance for a superbowl but he got his wish of getting out of Miami.
    It was a terrific trade for the Dolphins because I am sure this front office will make the most out of the two picks we received in return. The Dolphins salary cap just received a big surplus and the team will add more youth to its roster.

5. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    good luck jt wish you the best

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I am sad to see him go, but also glad to see him go, if that makes any sense (which would be contrary to my usual posts). Classy guy, great player, hope he makes it to the AFC championship game, then loses to the Cowboys & Zach goes on to win the SB.

On the other hand, so freakin glad fancy pants and his drama are outa here, NOW we have everybody on the team drinking the Parcells Kool-Aid, which suits me fine. The OLD Jason will be missed, the JT of the last 6 months: good friggin riddance.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Nice little write up man.

I think msot of the "bad blood" between JT and the FO was a media fabrication. Did they love each other? Probably not, but from everything I saw both acted professionally and tried to make the best out of the situation, which is what ended up happening. JT gets a playoff caliber team, we get some good picks, life goes on.
    Its sad to see the ZT/JT era over in Miami, but hopefully we can now find the guys to come in and fill that void and begin a new era, one defined by a solid front office, good coaching and play on the field, and ultimately, a championship. So sad that the best years of guys like these were wasted on crap like Wanny, Saban and Cam. Good luck to the both of them!