1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commentary: More mature Ricky Williams embracing football

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...27/0627bohls.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

2. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    How many times has williams voiced at how dumb he was (IS) for smoking weed?

And then he get's another suspension..

Trust from him is like someone wanting their virginity back,, LOL with that...

Marino1983

3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I am not supporting what Ricky Williams did to the team and I am not saying we should trust him but everyone just needs to get past him smoking. It seems like whenever he is getting interviewed they always bring smoking up. He is trying to get past it and it must be hard when ever body keeps bring it up.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I see what youre saying, and I agree, its got to be tough for him, but thats his own damn fault too. He had it all, nice contract, led the NFL in rushing, in a pretty good lifestyle and he smoke it all away. He's just got to keep his head focused on football, and staying clean for his own sake, and of course for the teams sake. I think once(IF) he gets through this season, and has a productive year, some of these questions will start to fade away though. So hopefully for him, and for the Dolphins, that happens.

5. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Really?
    And how many chances does this loser inherit "to get past it"?
    Maybe after his 6th suspension you won't feel so compasionate about "trusting" williams..
    :pity:
    And I do not care how "hard" it is for this jerk to stop smoking mary-jane and get his act together. If williams really and truly wanted to clean himself up he would have done this 4 suspensions ago!

Marino1983

6. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Yea bro I totally agree with you he had it all and he smoked it all away and he could have hust prevented it if he went to the coach and would have just said something he would hvae been ok.I also agree with you that if he does good this season with Ronnie Brown all the question about hmim smoking will slowly go away.:up::hi5:

7. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    I did not say I trust him or support what he did to the team. All I said that everybody needs to forget about him smoking he is trying to get past it and if everbody keeps bring it up it will be harder for him to get past it. Trust me I am still really dissappointed in what he did to the team.

8. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Why should everyone forget what williams did to this team?

If the Dolphin fans and the media talk about rickys drug problem are making it difficult for williams to "get past it" tough SH!T...

He brought this ALL on himself and has continued to give his problem life with not dealing with it!

The guy is 31 years old physically and 10 years old mentally.. He needs to grow up and face his demons or continue to pay for his stupidity by everyone focusing on them..
    :up:

Marino1983

9. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    You got to forget about it bro. Trust me I felt the same way a few weeks ago. BUt you know what heading in to trianing camp no one needs this distrction. Not him and not the young team we are putting together. How would you feel if you are foucsed on trianig camp and all you kept hearing is about Ricky Williams that woiuld be a big distraction. So that is why I think everybody should just forget about it for right now.:up::hi5:

10. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    :cry:

11. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Heres hoping that Ricky really has matured.

12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

This is 2008, I don't like the Ricky of old, nor what he did, but if he is a new Ricky, and wants to play well for my beloved mIAMI dOLPHINS, THEN i WILL ROOT JUST AS HARD FOR HIM AS i WILL FOR any OTHER PLAYER ON THIS TEAM. iF RICKY HELPS MY TEAM WIN GAMES, THEN WHAT HE DID IS past AND i (oops, hate CAPS lock) will love him just as much as any player on the team. If Ricky helps us win games, then what he may have done in the past is as far from my mind as East is from West. It just seems to me that a good fan ought to have a short memory when it comes to the bad stuff, we are all about OPTIMISM, where the team is going NOW, not what some fool did 3-4 seasons ago. No matter how stupid it may have seemed to us.

Smoking pot is dumb, but have I done it? Yes, I used to smoke it, a lot. It gets into your psyche, it permeates your attitude about a lot of things, and if you do not believe in yourself, or have confidence in God, then pot becomes a crutch. I have been trapped by it in the past, and I am not stupid, I have been a Vice President of 5 different companies in my career. Your don't enjoy the success I have by being stupid. Smoking pot IS stupid, but it is a mistake that alters your sense of well being. I smoked it because I had not learned how to deal with the child abuse I suffered as a child, because I had not learned to turn my life over to God, now that I have done both those things and stopped smoking pot, the turnaround in my life is virtually 100% and has made a real difference in my ability to be a good husband and father.

But do not for a second think getting away from pot is as easy as we all make it out to be, it is not. I can testify to this from personal experience.

Ricky did what Ricky did, he has grown up, he has matured, he has stopped smoking pot, why can't we as fans get past the past, and give the kid a chance to redeem himself and help our team win games?

Kanye West and ATVZ400 like this.