1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming up on 'Around the Horn'. Can Pats tame the 'Wildcat'?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Another heads up!!! =D

2. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I get e-mails from the PTI show on what they will be talking about on today's show, and it said they would discuss whether the Phins can beat the Pats again....let me know what Wilbon and Kornheiser have to say.
    :up:

3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    On 'Around the Horn' they said they will talk about the Pats taming the 'Wildcat', but it was more just them picking the game. Most picked Miami!!!!!

I'll let you know, but Kornheiser isn't there today. It's Ryan.

anlgp likes this.
  4. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Our Wildcat worked better against the Patriots than anybody else. That is what really surprised me. I was talking to a Pat's fan who said he couldn't understand how we kept running the Wildcat over and over and Belichik had no answer for it, and they couldn't stop it. :lol: I say, "If it works, keep using it." The Pat's D looked really old and slow and I think this is why it works against them.....they don't have the speed to stick with Ronnie, Ricky and Ginn. We just need to add a few wrinkles to it, like throwing the ball to Pennington. :up:

Sceeto likes this.
  5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    On PTI they both picked the Pats by just a by a couple percentage points in terms of the odds they gave them. Ryan said Belicheat will stop the 'Wildcat'. Pssh!!!!! What makes them say that? They were the team that got abused the worse by it and there is a lot more to us and why we are having success than the 'Wildcat'. Who gives a poop! I like being underdogs anyway....

6. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Remember that the Pats game was the first time we ran the Wilcat though, and this game they've had some time to prepare. I still think we've been saving some new exciting things for it this week though :up:

7. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    After we played them, I mean dominated them, I'm sure the Pats have been studying the 'Wildcat' offense constantly. They don't get beat too often like that at home. :woot: Hopefully we have some new plays ready to leave them wondering what they did wrong, especially since we're playing in our house this time. Go Phins! :up:

8. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Teams studying the 'Wildcat' constantly is another great thing about it because they spend that time studying it and lose time and have to ignore, to some extent, the other aspects of their game. It's a win/win for us. If they spend enough time studying the 'Wildcat', we'll come out and stomp them with some old, conventional, smash mouth football. =D =D Wooooo!!!

9. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    That's true...the Pats hadn't seen it before, but it looked like Ronnie could do whatever he wanted back there. The nice part is Sunday's game is at home, and I don't think we played that well against Seattle or the Raiders but we found ways to win. We can play a lot better on offense, and I think our special teams can't get any worse. I think Joey Porter has to make Cassel run for his life...I don't see the Pats having anybody who can run on us, but if Cassel has time to throw it he can give our d-backs a long afternoon. I just think we can outscore them with our Wildcat. :up:

10. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    I have a feeling we will be seeing Ted Ginn under center in the wildcat for the first time this weekend...

anlgp likes this.
  11. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    That would be exciting :yes: He was a high school QB right? Not that that means a lot, but still.

12. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

The Patsies have seen it more than a few times since Miami broke it out on them and although they've been better defending it, teams have avaraged over 6 yrds a pop on them. Since Miami uses it more than any team, I expect NE to stop it a few times but all Miami needs is success on it a few times to open things up for some other things.