1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Footballs workout warriors

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by joeydolfan, Jun 10, 2008.

1. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Really good read from Bruce Feldman on ESPN website. Take a look at the stats on Taylor Mays from USC.

Mays' workout numbers are ridiculous. He's 6-3, 226 pounds, with 6 percent body fat and ran an electronically timed 40 this spring in 4.32 seconds. He did 26 reps with 225 pounds while also vertical jumping 41 inches and doing a standing broad jump of 11-4. (As evidence in his growth, Mays arrived at USC weighing 215 and posted a vertical jump of 35 inches and a broad jump of 10-0.)

6'3" 226lbs. 4.32 40 WOW, JUST WOW

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=3420212

I would have no issues with the fins drafting the kid next year. Would be nice to have a safety other teams receivers fear (Ronnie Lott) that can play run support and cover equally well.

The article also mentions Allen Bailey who is only a Sophomore for the Hurricanes. Keep an eye on this kid as I really think he has the potential to be the a dominating DE over the next few years.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Holy hell, I'd be scared to go over the middle with that monster lurking.

Its just going to make Beanie Wells even more beastly when he runs him over!

3. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    I have wanted a decleater safety on the roster for sooo long now. Would love to have a guy like this on the team that makes a WR piss himself everytime a play over the middle is called.