1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cody is having one hell of a game.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Nov 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    He is disrupting Auburn. If he can lose 25 pounds of that weight he is going to be a TERROR for opposing teams.

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    How's Sen'Derrick Marks performing?

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Another team that's having a hell of a day is the UF defense. I can't stand that team but I respect that defense.

4. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Might be a whole lot worst if he wasn't playing lol. Marks and Sintim like Boom and other have suggested should be the pick where were at.

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Man Caldwell is IMPRESSING. They have been swinging a guard over to close to open up holes in the middle. Auburn can't stop it.

6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Wow did anyone see that Auburn player dive at the back of Cody's knees? He was doubled up when a 3rd Burn player dropped him when cody got back up a Aburn player dove at his knees.

7. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    If Detroit ever get their coaching and front office situation turned out right and they got the right people in there, then Cody could well be the number one overall pick. If, as has been mooted, Josh McDaniel takes over and Scot Pioli becomes the GM, it would be a brave decision, but they could switch to a 3-4, draft Cody with their first pick, Tyson Jackson will Dallas' 1st rounder from the Roy Williams trade tp play opposite Cory Redding, take the best available left tackle at 33 and God knows, with the wealth of talent at that spot in this years draft, they'll be getting a guy that will grade out at around 15th best overall in any other year, say for example Jamon Meredith, come back with Graham Harrell to run that spread offense that McDaniel loves at the top of 3......

They could go after one of the big corners in free agency to pair with Leigh Bodden and already you've got a competetive team. Ikaika Alama Francis outside on one side, a guy like Cliff Avril on the other, bring in a MLB in free agency, draft another like Worrell Williams or Jasper Brinkley........

The one problem that they would face is with their best defender, Ernie Sims, who is 6ft and 229lbs. But a brave GM is usually a good GM.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    They're reportedly listed their GM's and they have Ron Wolf as a candidate. If they get him, they're in for success.

9. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Ron Wolf's name always gets put out there for GM jobs, but I don't think there's a chance in hell that happens. I don't think he has any desire to get back in beyond the occasional consulting gig.

I've been all about Cody all season. That guy will be the centerpiece of a 3-4 defense from Day 1. Planet Theory guy if there ever was one.

10. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I tell you one thing about this line of reasoning though...is that Tom Dimitroff shot off that same tree and the first thing he did in Atlanta was take care of the QB situation at #3 overall, even though everyone locally was shouting for him to take Glenn Dorsey.

So, gotta keep that in mind.

11. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Yep true. Not sure there is a Matt Ryan out there in terms of experience. I honestly can't see Stafford or Bradford starting in week 1. Can you?

12. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't know that I saw Matt Ryan starting in Week 1. Bradford would be asking too much to start right away but maybe Stafford.

And are we giving up on Colt McCoy coming out early?

13. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Ryan was more likely to start than Bradford or Stafford is.

McCoy: I suppose it depends on the grade.

Back to Ryan for a second; I should put my hands up and say how wrong I was about this kid. I mean seriously, he's been nothing less than awesome. 4 weeks of the season to go and he could easily win the MVP of the league award. I never saw that coming.

14. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Shall I order a Guinness?

15. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    He's really doing a pretty stellar job. Didn't see that coming, not as a rookie. But, I did at least acknowledge he's the top QB in that draft, worthy of a top 10 pick, and that he is in all likelihood better than John Beck (that one was a very tough pill for many people back on FH to swallow).

16. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Going back to the title of this thread and speaking of Alabama generally, the more I concentrate on Rashad Johnson, the more Justin Woodall flashes as a potential star at SS.

17. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    The thing about Rashad is for all the plays he's making in the passing game, he's still not a tall guy, he's a skinny guy, and I doubt he has good straight line speed...and so you start to think to yourself...Renaldo Hill Redux?

About Terrance Cody...with how he's playing I'd be thoroughly shocked if he didn't come out, in light of all the signs of juniors and even sophomores coming out and the agents talking about a rookie wage scale.

But I still think B.J. Raji has to be in our sights, as we still look to be picking toward the final third of the first round. Right now the two guys I'd look at most would be Clint Sintim and B.J. Raji. Although, you guys have seen more of Larry English than I have and he could be in there.

18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Larry English is definitely going to be looked at.

19. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    English has an explosive first step, thats for sure. He's pretty tenacious as well, he rarely stops chasing the ball carrier even if the ball is aaway from him.

20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Most definitely. Now if he can develop some kind of inside move, he can be a force.

Also, on tap tonight is the Rutgers and Louisville.

21. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    He is skinny and high cut. He's much more aggressive with the ball in front of him than Hill, but it's a solid point.

I think the injury he suffered against Ole Miss was probably the clincher; you see so many kids get leg breaks in that situation, hell look at Justin on Sunday in St Louis. It's funny watching that game; Cody is such a straight ahead, monster-based-leverage-monkey, whereas Jerry who is as wide as he is tall; does he wear a carboard box under his jersey - is so much better at lateral movement and going round his man. He was pretty anonymous against Antoine Caldwell in that first half, but absolutely devastating against Mike Johnson. And his domination of Herman Johnson the week before last was a real eye opener.

22. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

Taped that. I am now only -14 in games left to watch. One of which is the OU-TT blowout which I'm only going to watch to see Louis Vasquez, a pretty good OG goes against the best DT I've seen this season in Gerald McCoy.

23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Taped it as well. I have six or seven to watch but that number will go up once Saturday comes around.

24. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Lucky you guys. I have so many games to watch it isn't funny.

25. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    My system deleted about half a dozen last week for no apparent reason.