1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach Pennington on Friday Nights?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Georgia Fin, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I have nothing but respect for that man, he is class all the way. Would prefer he become our QB's coach when Henning retires and (I assume) David Lee takes over as OC. But really commend Penny for wanting to mold young minds.

Whatever he does, I support him all the way. VERY glad to have him on our team.

Pandarilla and dolfan7171 like this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I've been trying to point this out to people for a long time whenever someone is under the illusion that he would coach for Miami or that re-signing him this off season was aimed at bridging him to being a coach here. He has always, always indicated that he would coach at the high school level if he got into coaching.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Awesome. Guy's been an excellent student of the game. Time to pass the wisdom and usher in the next generation of great QBs.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    You did, I remember that, it makes perfect sense, and is the essence of the man himself.....starts out humble, and works his way to the top....

Good for you Coach Pennington...the future is bright...

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't even know if he would attempt to work his way to anything. He loves high school football. Some guys want to be high school football coaches. Only us diehard NFL fans assume that there's some track out there that goes from high school to college to the NFL as far as coaches are concerned. I think it's generally common for high school coaches to want to eventually coach in college but not necessarily pro. He's made a lot of money in his career. He's not worried about the money angle that's for sure.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I know a quite a bit of HS coaches who have said they'd stay in HS than go anywhere else because they have a lot of flexibility in HS. They can try out new things on defense without getting the pink slip. There's also other reasons but that's one of them that have stood out to me.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That's great. He will prepare kids for College and Professional football. Although part of me really would like him to be coaching the Dolphins one day....oh well.

Pandarilla likes this.
  9. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Wouldn't that be cool for a 13 year old kid? Oh yeah, by the way, CP10 is the head coach.