Cleo is a FA and Beck is Struggling, what QB do we Draft!
57 replies
Ok Dolfans I know alot are gonna think Im crazy, but we need to draft a QB. I dont think we should draft him with the 1st, but how about the later rounds. I personally would love to select Brennan if he makes it to the second or 3rd round of the draft. Cleo will be a FA and will probably not be brought back unless he is guaranteed a starting spot. Beck is clearly not ready and has struggled alot in the last two games. Green is done. Please I dont want to here we need Grossman or Mccnown or any of those Backup at beast QB's. You draft a QB and you pick an UDFA to be your third QB. So boys and girls who do we draft. Brohm, Ryan or Brennan.....
Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.
Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
No, we don't need to draft a quarterback.
John Beck has shown nothing to disprove that he's our future arm. Sure, he was a turnover machine the past few games, but most quarterbacks would be if the rest of the team just gave up like what has happened the past few weeks. You saw the frustration on John's face when he got pulled.
We need to sign a decent arm in free agency, like a Rex Grossman or Josh McCown (even though McCown is very meh). We don't need to invest another draft pick on a quarterback if we don't need to.

:up:
Those decent arms in FA are gonna cost you and how long do you sit Beck and wait for his development. Obviously we might not see him for the rest of the season after today. Cam has clearly gone back on everything he said and is right now is a desperate man trying to save his job with a win.
Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.
Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
We will wait as long as it takes to form a true account of what Beck to do. I'm not jumping into my panic room about Beck, and I don't blame Beck for this huge losing tradition we're starting up.

:up:
"Adam First wrote:
No, we don't need to draft a quarterback.
John Beck has shown nothing to disprove that he's our future arm. Sure, he was a turnover machine the past few games, but most quarterbacks would be if the rest of the team just gave up like what has happened the past few weeks. You saw the frustration on John's face when he got pulled.
We need to sign a decent arm in free agency, like a Rex Grossman or Josh McCown (even though McCown is very meh). We don't need to invest another draft pick on a quarterback if we don't need to.
I'm a Gator fan and I would definitely say don't go for Grossman. Way to inconsistent.
This is the ground floor folks. This is essentially an expansion team at this point. We are watching our favorite team be reborn with each headline and press clipping. How cool is that?
"Adam First wrote:
No, we don't need to draft a quarterback.
John Beck has shown nothing to disprove that he's our future arm. Sure, he was a turnover machine the past few games, but most quarterbacks would be if the rest of the team just gave up like what has happened the past few weeks. You saw the frustration on John's face when he got pulled.
We need to sign a decent arm in free agency, like a Rex Grossman or Josh McCown (even though McCown is very meh). We don't need to invest another draft pick on a quarterback if we don't need to.
Oh yeah thats what we need other teams trash! I guess some fans havn't learned anything over the years. We need to draft a franchise quarterback for a change. But with idiot Mueller as GM who knows what will happen. He will probably draft another kick returner.
I'm not calling for Grossman or McCown to start, they would ride the pine as Beck would start. This is next year, mind you.
Beck is our "franchise quarterback" until he proves otherwise. I sware, sometimes I think Dolphins fans are more impatient than Eagles fans...

:up:
What's the harm of getting Brennan? I'd love to be in the situation that the Chargers were in when they had Brees AND Rivers. They got a lot of money for Brees and more importantly had a great backup to plug in.
Mueller's already said that he feels we should draft a QB every year.
This is the ground floor folks. This is essentially an expansion team at this point. We are watching our favorite team be reborn with each headline and press clipping. How cool is that?

the future
If there's a QB that is a good value pick when we're on the board, by all means take him. I know he's playing too soon and the talent around him is meager, but Beck hasn't done anything to give us hope so far. Plus, even if Beck does develop into a franchise QB, young quality backups have value in this league. We don't even have another quarterback guaranteed to be on the roster next year.
Here are my free agent pickups
High Priced
DT Albert Haynesworth
OG Alan Faneca
Mid Priced
WR Bryant Johnson
LB Clark Haggans
Low Priced
CB William Patterson
TE Dwayne Blakely
Draft
1st QB Matt Ryan Boston College
2nd (a) OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh
2nd (b) CB Trae Williams South Florida
3rd DE Jeremy Thompson Wake Forest
4th WR Dexter Jackson Appalachian State


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
Colt Brennan is a top five pick,
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
I think Beck's best chance is to keep Cam Cameron. I truly believe if we bring in a GM like Parcells or a coach like Cowher, then it makes our chances of drafting a QB next year much more real.
I don't want to give Beck the short end of the stick yet. Beck has played in BRUTAL weather to start his career--other than in Miami which was his worst game thus far. He has nothing to play with. I don't know. I just don't know. This team is so screwed up right now and it needs to just gut itself right up the middle and really start anew. Get a guy and pay him whatever the hell he wants that is used to bringing a team from the depths---i.e. Bill Polian, Bill Parcells, etc.
"Bonedoc7777 wrote:
Colt Brennan is a top five pick,
No, he's not.
He's a late first rounder, second round pick. We may think he has the schematics of an NFL passer, but that remains to be seen, since he plays at Hawaii.

:up:
wasnt he third in the heisman vote, stayed another year in college to mature, i have seen enough of his games to think that top five is about right, with six teams or so needing a QB we would have to seriously think about him right away,
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
If Brennan beats Georgia and has a solid combine I predict the Dolphins pick him with the 1st overall pick. Brennan can be Jamarcus Russell 2.0. Also, Brennan has been compared to two QB's Marino and Jeff George, i wouldnt mind drafting a QB who can become the next Dan Marino.
BTW for those who say we need Dorsy or Mcfadden, you are blind if you dont realize are most pressing need is QB. You have Ronnie, Ricky & Booker returning next year and possibly Gado who has proven is a good backup in this league. We are not the Viking nor do we have the OL the vikings have. Miami needs a QB and his name is Colt Brennan
Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.
Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
The Heisman trophy does nothing to gauge a college player's professional potential.
Case and point: Quarterback Jason White from University of Oklahoma. Unbelievable quarterback that paired with all-day Adrian Peterson made an extremely formidable offense. Won the Heisman trophy and the Maxwell award in 2003.
Went undrafted, fell off the face of the planet after voluntarily leaving the Tennessee Titans during training camp.
Now, I believe Brennan will be a first day pick, but he's no sure thing and DEFINITELY not Top 5.

:up:
still having two young QB'S gives you a better chance on hitting on one of them
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
If Cameron goes, Beck will be a second or third string QB next season and the new coach will draft his own QB high in the draft.
first pick gets paid big dollars, who is the best guy
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
We're going to draft a QB this draft, maybe not first pick though. I see us getting it with one of our second draft picks.
I'm a huge colt brennan fan but the only chance we take a QB on day 1 is if cameron and potentially mueller are fired, which is 50/50 in my eyes. Brennan would likely not fall out of the first so he'd be tough to get. we have much bigger needs as much as i'd like to take brennan. he sees the field extremely well and can make all the plays. This is what i think we do on our first 5 rounds of the draft.
1. Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
2a. Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
2b. Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
3. Eric Young, G/T, Tennessee
4. Jeremy Leman, ILB, Illinois
5. Jason Rivers, WR, Hawaii
our other QB options beyond Brennan are:
Erik Ainge, Tennessee
Joe Flacco, Delaware
Josh Johnson, San Diego
JD Booty, USC
Ricky Santos, New Hampshire
"Bonedoc7777 wrote:
first pick gets paid big dollars, who is the best guy
The guy that would help us exponentially would be Glenn Dorsey.
He's not a sexy pick like Darren McFadden, or in your case Colt Brennan, but even if we do draft McFadden or Brennan the offense will still be in catch up mode since the D-Line will still be doing its best in recreating the parting of the Red Sea for opposing rushing attacks.
:up:

:up:
i have liked dorsey since august, did you notice he did not play that well this year, was he hurt or something
"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells
Dorsy was hurt most of the year, will Mcfadden have the peterson effect with a weaker line like ours. People seem to forget the awesome line the Vikings have, when your line has Birk, Hutchinson, Mckenzie your RB can do wonders. Im not trying to take any credit from Peterson, I wanted us to draft him, but its something you have to think about with that line. Now if we are able to take Mcfadden and Brennan in the second, that would be awesome. I still say we snag Brennan or maybe even Brohm who everyone has forgotten. Mcfadden is special, but you have Ronnie, Ricky and Booker. We still dont know if Chatman will be back. I have begun to think more and more you can pickup a DT in FA or in the later rounds, with the problems we have QB is our most pressing need. We have gone threw three QBs and Beck has struggled and as much as i want for him to succedd, right now he hasnt. The NFL is what have you done for me lately and Beck right now might not play till next season.
Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.
Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.