1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circuit City may have to shut down 150 stores...

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 21, 2008.

1. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    seriously, my friend and i went looking in there for a certain type of drill, and the guy who works in the hardware dept. was totally clueless.

[​IMG]

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That sounds about right.

When I worked in the Sears Hardware Dept. we had to take and pass a week long training course on the products there.

3. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    IMO, CC and Bestbuy don't know the definition of customer service.

4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Mustve been ages ago.

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I can't believe this is news. I worked at CC like 3 years ago, and they were in financial trouble back then (closed my store a few months after I got my co-op).

And we gave waaay better CS than the local best buy. I worked games/movies/music section, and most people knew one or the other really well. Everyone in each section knew their stuff, especially car audio. I'd go way out of my way to help people find the movie they want (maybe not way, but I'd be able to help them out sometimes just by actors involved), and if we didn't have something, I'd even refer them to deepdiscountdvd.com (now known as deepdiscount.com).

And no, CC hasn't been working on commission for years now.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I didn't say I was cheap! Just save money so I can buy more stuff! it's value! :lol:

I have stopped buying shoes though. My gf buys them for me now ;) I just have to actually wear them. They're not heels or anything just sneakers. I need them crispy.

And I never ever bother employees trying to glean information and then walking out. I wouldn't do that even if I wanted to buy in store. To be fair, I'm a TV whore as well, owning no less than 6 in the past 3 years. 3 were bought locally. 3 online. It's whatever the best deal is, and usually the best deals in-store are around black friday (before and after). But half the time, I know more than the employees anyway. They couldn't possibly help me, since I'm an internet addict and will research the living crap out of a product before buying. I walk in, i look, I walk out. That's all. And they do get my business for smaller stuff.

7. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    The CC here has lousy people working behind the counters (does it really take 1 and a half hours to go back and get the Iron Man Blu-Ray, I mean really) but I do like their 110% price guarantees. I remember getting Rainbow Six Vegas 2 first day for just $39 including tax because they beat Fry's $39.99 deal.

8. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    About 5 years ago.