1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Simms

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Chris Simms has opted to stay away from the Bucs' offseason training camp.

The Bucs' acquisition of Brian Griese was a telling sign that they want no part of Simms in 2008. Simms pledges he is 100%. If the Packers get around to finding a backup for Aaron Rodgers, Simms would be a high-upside choice.
    Source: St. Petersburg Times
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

I posted this news here since some guys thought he might be worth a look
    mods can move this if they want....

finswin56 likes this.
  2. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    I would not mind taking a look at Him. If he is recovered from his injury he could be a good backup/starter. While I like Beck and hope that he succeeds I really wouldn't mind some more insurance at QB.

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a workout, but I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the NFL again.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Like i have stated before.....cant have too many decent/good QBs.....better chance of one of them panning out. If we have more than 1 pan out and become a good QB.....trade bait for us :)

5. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    It would all depend on the cost to get him, I don't see Tamap just cutting him.

6. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    True, I was just assuming that he would be cut. Not that we would have to give up a pick for him.

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It goes back to Parcells' statement on the radio after signing McCown that "John Beck and someone else" would compete for the start.

I think that someone else could very well be Chris Simms, as opposed to a rookie.

8. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    It seems odd they seem to be giving up on him. I thought they extended his contract last year.

9. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Chris Simms is a reminder of how cold the NFL is.. He gave the Bucs everything he had (almost his life) worked his butt off to get back on the field and they say no thanks we don't want to wait for you. Real tough break for him..

10. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA

Yeah, it is. I think the Bucs realized that Simms is never going to be anything more than above average-good, and like all franchises, they want someone who is great at QB. Simms can be a competent starter, and he IS one tough SOB...plus if he works out here, I can gloat to my wife- "HaHa- look what you guys passed up on:tongue2:.." (She's a big Bucs fan.)

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    There's a lot of murkiness involved in Simms' situation with the Bucs. He didn't exactly go with the flow as far as PR for the injury and everything...and he's likely being punished for that more than anything. They wanted to say he's healthy, and insisted there was no ill effects from the spleen...because they wanted to limit their liability in terms of how they handled his injury during that game. He was out there telling anyone who'd listen he still had problems, wasn't healthy, the spleen is having a big effect, etc.

12. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

PFT thinks we may be a landing spot for him:

--------

Though teams like the Vikings, who run a similar offense to the Bucs, might be interested, we’re intrigued by the possibility that the guy who coached Simms’ father, Bill Parcells, could try to get Chris down to Miami. It could be that the Tuna is sitting tight because he knows that, eventually, the Bucs will cut Simms loose.

-------
    If he's free, sure, bring him in.

13. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Not very big fan of his, but have no problem bringing him in for a workout, just so long as he doesn't cost us ANYthing. (And of course my son Josh will beat him up in a fair fight. :tongue2:)

14. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    If he wants to sign a cheap contract and come in and compete fine...

15. nyfinzfan

nyfinzfan Dolphins shall rise!

Mar 25, 2008
    Albion NY
    Hes the guy I wanted all along. Itd be a pretty good competition if he comes.

16. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    He was having a decent season before he was injured but can he comeback from that injury?

I wouldn't be apposed to bringing him in at a vet's minimum but no trades and no freakin draft picks...

Marino1983