1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Baker-TE-Jets

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by ATVZ400, May 13, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Chris Baker didn't report to Jets voluntary workouts Monday.

Baker is upset because Bubba Franks, who may be as low as third behind Baker and Dustin Keller, is making just as much as him on a one-year deal. Keller will steal playing time and targets on passing downs. Baker has indicated that he'll consider sitting out training camp if he doesn't get a raise.
    Source: New York Daily News
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

2. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I'm less concerned about whether or not Baker is on the team then I am with the disturbing trend of players under contract suddenly wanting more money. There's 2 sides to every story so who knows what Tanni might have told him, but if you go by his stats he's should be more then content with his current deal. And thats not even factoring Keller into the equation.

3. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    I would have wanted him back and to be productive, but this crap is just crazy.

I mean, he is an average TE coming off a 4-12 team. He should shut up and play.

BZ

4. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Baker can sit on his couch all season long for all I care. I'm sorry, but you make $1.5 million a year to play in the NFL and your most productive season has been 41 catches. Sorry, but you don't deserve more money than what you are making. Shut up and play and show up on the field and then we'll talk Chris.

Theres a reason the Jets took Keller in Round 1. Baker won't see another dime from the Jets.

5. I love Baker, been a supporter of his, wishing we could utilize him more. But this **** needs to stop. He hasn't earned the right to *****. At least Coles backed up his *****ing with play.. And lets be honest, as much of a whiner Kendall was, we SHOULD have paid him.
    Right now Baker just needs to end this crap.

Edit:
    wow, I can say *****, but I can't say sh*t?

I'm going to need to learn these rules so my posts look cleaner.

6. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

May 13, 2008
    Clermont, FL
    Bye bye Baker. Why should the Jets pay him more for mediocrity? I am sure the Skins will throw $$$ his way. they love disgruntled Jets

7. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Mangini keeping Baker up to date while tight end stays away

Jets coach Eric Mangini is keeping Chris Baker updated on the playbook while the disgruntled tight end stays away from camp because of a contract dispute.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8087578d&template=with-video&confirm=true