1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chin between the shoulder blades

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Zeke0123, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Anyone who wrestled knows exactly what im talking about you have someone in a half nelson (or thay have you :shifty:) and you just keep grinding your chin right between the shoulder blades.. its painful agitating and mentally wearing and thats EXACTLY what this team does and I love it...they keep grinding and grinding and grinding until the other team says **** IT! I quit and even this year missing some pieces this is a very dangerous team.

IF and its a big If we can make it to the post season you can bet no one is going to want to draw Miami for a game. Its a great feeling having a tough football team this is exactly the team I have always wanted...generally Im not a rah rah guy but Im feeling it right now :wink2: That Jags team is flawed but they play tough probably top 5 in "toughness" imo and we out toughed them :up:.

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    yeah we know
    been talking about it all day

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    they damn well better be tough and hard workers cause this team is very void of top talent.

The reason a lot of these guys like Camarillo, Bess, Nate Jones, Randy Starks, etc are on the team is because they keep trying and do their job. Parcells isn't looking for stars, hes looking for workers.

one thing i dont like about the toughness though is the amount of carries we gave ricky. 28 carries means hes on pace to carry the ball 120+ times in december. With Hilliard touching the ball less and being less effective with each game so far, we're depending on ricky just like the old days. only hes a bit older now.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Eric Allen quote: " how do the miami dolphins continue to fight and win football games, after all that they have lost"...

Iam excited because...were so far ahead of schedule, especially with the transition at QB, while still competing at a high level.

The future is as exciting for me as the present is.

Stringer Bell and Larryfinfan like this.
  5. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    we saw the one problem with Ricky carrying the load ... his short forearms and penchant for fumbling ... teams will continue to focus on hitting him hard the rest of the way. this shortfall was covered up by limiting his carries and the types of plays - now, we can't cover it up. i expect him to fumble 1-2 times a game the rest of the way ... just hope it doesn't come on our side of the field.

we got lucky in that the TOs happened on the JAX side of the field yesterday ... and that their passing game never got going. we can get away with the same type game this week against TEN, if we can contain their running.

6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I'm sure that Ricky's carries are something that Sparano is agonizing over as we speak. There isn't much behind him and for whatever reason they've lessened Lexy's role as well. It could be the pass protection that he lacks skill in since we're passing more now. My hope (and I seriously doubt that it'll happen) is that they can open up the WC with White some more to take some of the pressure off RW. Again, it doesn't appear as though that's going to happen, but it's a thought...

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    no pat white please ive seen enough
    it doesnnt work
    we need to see more lex hilliard
    use him to spell ricky instead of treating him as a third down back
    it is ridiculous the way this coaching staff runs the offense sometimes