1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childress chooses Florida workout over Clausen's Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 9, 2010.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2010 10:14 PM ET
    On Friday, former Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen will work out in South Bend. On that same day, Vikings coach Brad Childress will be speaking at a Florida football coaches clinic in Gainesville. Per the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Childress will then stick around to work out draft-eligible Gators like quarterback Tim Tebow, center Maurkice Pouncey, defensive ends Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunningham, safety Major Wright, and receiver Riley Cooper.

Childress didn't attend Florida's March 17 Pro Day workout; V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman was present instead.

Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune reported earlier today that offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell will be attending Clausen's workout.

Some think that, despite other needs, the Vikings would consider taking a quarterback with the 30th pick in round one, given that Brett Favre likely has only one year left, if that much.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hooses-florida-workout-over-clausens-pro-day/

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I believe he also passed on the Texas (Colt McCoy) pro day, though Speilman went. I would not be surprised to see them target Tebow though.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I think that the Vikes should definitely look at McCoy.

4. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    I think where head coaches go generally means nothing.

Silverphin and MrClean like this.
  5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I had hoped this thread title meant he had left or been fired from the Vikes. I dislike him as a coach.

I watched four different Vikings run around not protecting the ball all damned game as the continued to fumble til they finally lost to the Saints in the NFC championship game.

It was blatantly obvious that no one on that team has REALLY been coached on ball security. They are probably barked at after a fumble, a little lip service maybe, but a team whose head coach properly prepares them in the fundamentals do not all, AS A TEAM, all carry the ball out away from their bodies in one hand in a championship game, while being gang tackled... And despite repeated fumbles. Harvin, AP, berrian and I saw another player doing it. Standard practice for them.

Such dumb football, and a reflection of a coach who is equal parts smart and clueless.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I agree, terrible coach.

Boom, why do you say that coach visits mean nothing?

7. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

If the QB coach or OC went then I raise an eyebrow