1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheerleading Beating Video

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Brown42000, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    This was all over the news this morning. Did anyone see Matt Lauer's interview with the mom of one of these kids? Just one excuse after another.

Video and Article

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    wow they blame myspace

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    :no:

Very disturbing. Over such petty drama.

Victoria was the bigger person in that situation. Its a goodthing she didn't fight back or they all would have ganged up and attacked her. The 2 guys are scum bags and need a beat down of their own.

Here is the video. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i5cTyE4OME[/media]

Quite sickening.:pity:

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    damn I knew teenage girls were crazy but that was more then I expected. sure looks like they evolved from scratching and pulling hair.

5. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I would have been ****ing that house up so they'd have no choice but to let me go. As soon as the girl said dont punch the shelves I would have knocked them over. She was knocked out, woke up and they continued the assault, not sure how that girl stayed so calm.

6. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    and don't they look like an intelligent lot too... :pity:

7. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Don I'm glad she didn't because they probably all would have gained up on her and beat her. The fight lasted 35 mins and we only get to see 3 mins of it.

8. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I know, I cant believe it went on that long and she didnt do something to try and get out is my point. At what point do you say to yourself they arent letting me go, I need to force the issue a bit. I'm not blaming her, and it could be better that she didnt do what I'm saying, her restraint is just amazing to me is all.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  9. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Ever in a situation like that having a cell phone is handy. What she should have done is got it out and dialed 911 or grabbed a Phone and dialed it. Now she may have tried that I don't know but it was obviously a hostile enviroment that was thought out. Why else would you have look outs and so many people confront her? High School drama is the worst.

10. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    So...how come this video isn't as funny as the one with the man and the woman hitting each other? And in front of her kids no less ?
    Help me out; because I see them as equally disturbing.

11. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    It is a good thing I am not the father of the girl that got beat up. I would be going to jail, but those kids would get a beating their grand kids would never forget. I normally am one to let the law handle things but something like that I doubt I could control myself.

12. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    wow, that is unbelieveable. I hope they all rot in jail.

13. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I woulda started breaking **** all over that house. Looked like some cyrstal fixtures on that shelf by the door. "You gotta improvise, adapt." Lots of household items can be used as weapons.

JCowScot likes this.
  14. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I could answer that honestly. But it would probably have to be in differnt forum... infact I dont think we even have a forum that...

15. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I guess it's a 'class' type deal. You expect the scene of the woman laying the beatdown in an obvious ghetto situation, in fact it hardly stirred any emotion in me except for a chuckle at the poor bastard. This situation is damn disturbing because it happened to your average everyday high school girl and the attackers were kids you'd see at any mall in the US. Add to that that the first one occured on the street (where anyone could have stepped in and helped) instead of in a home (where the girl was damn near kidnapped) with two schmucks looking out. A gang of people, high school girls, or whatever, can be dangerous when that 'pack mentality' kicks in.

BuckeyeKing and HardKoreXXX like this.
  16. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Yea, me too. I have two girls of my own, and if this happened there would be blood. Don't know if I could show any kind of restraint in this case. I would hope so, but I really don't know. Where you're kids are concerned it would be awfully hard not to go after these punks,especially with them joking about it after. As my Dad would say, "I'll give you something to laugh about".

Ducken likes this.
  17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol wow i dont even know how you think its the same thing at all.

The video I posted with the woman beating up that guy was her beating him as hes swinging and hitting her, not just her beating him and him being defenseless. Obviously, she shouldnt be doing it infront of kids but thats a given. If any man wants to try to fight a woman then he deserves to get his *** kicked and I will laugh at it.

The video with the girls is like whoever said before, nearly a kidnapping and planned attack. That girl is getting beat by multiple other people for hours. Shes not fighting back. Shes being held in the house against her will. She was already unconscious and then woke up to be beaten again. The girls have people watching the house infront to make sure nobody interferes.

There is NO WAY these videos are even remotely similiar. And based on the explanation I gave, class has NOTHING to do with the audience's reaction to either.

18. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I wouldn't say they arent remotely close, although I agree with you the situations are different. I think his point is why are various types of violence acceptable and what deems them as such.

Having said that, I hope those who are talking about what they would have done have been jumped before. I have and my first reaction was to run lol. Which was probaly this girls first reaction, but in this case she couldn't, plus she has probaly never fought before. It is also alot easier to talk about what you would have done when you have never experienced it.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  19. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I hate that video.Enough said.:pity:

20. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You can say their similiar because they both involve violence, aside from that there is nothing else.

21. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I remember getting jumped back in highschool by two jocks from the wrestling team who thought it'd be funny to pick on the lone metal kid in school. Let me just tell you that a wallet chain and house/car keys make for a decent weapon. I may have been bruised but they were the ones that were bleeding......not that I condone this sort of thing, but self defense is self defense.

22. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement

In my case it does. I live in South Florida and have seen crackheads fighing before. It's usually funny as hell.

23. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    We also don't know the background to the other video. At least I never have found it, and no one is outraged about the other video, and the other video is not all over the news.
    They are also similar in that they both involve women commiting acts of violence, which is something I don't think this country is ready for....
    Well again what makes something violent acceptable? The numbers? The fact its a woman beating up a man?

and fyi ten dollars says if it was minorities jumping minorities it would be chalked up to gang violence and there would not be this much outrage. Look at how many videos already exist on the internet of minorities fighting, that have gotten little to no attention.

24. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    The parents should have done a better job raising those white trash girls.

25. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yes, IMO it is acceptable that a man was attacking a woman (we saw him throwing punches and hitting her, not walking away). I could care less if that guy got his *** handed to him.

Saying if those girls in the other video were minorities that it would go unnoticed is a huge reach. The fact is their highschool (i think) girls who held another girl in a house against her will and beat her into unconsciousness for 3 hours ( definitely not the same as "jumping" somebody). I hardly think that their race has anything to do with the outrage. If you heard the story and didnt know their ethnicity would that make any diff in how you felt about it?

26. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Im not so sure about that. Unfortunately our perception as a society on events like this are always going to be viewed differently based on the race, sex, creed, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs of the individuals involved.

As much as we'd hate to admit it, class does play a role in an audiences reaction to a particular situation.

The video where the cheerleaders beat up the girl looks like something you'd see on Dateline NBC, whereas I'd expect to see the other video on Jerry Springer.

27. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Well if you listen to the mother of one of them talk it doesn't seem like she was raised very well either. What I read yesterday is the girl that got jumped was staying at the one who filmed it's house, because she was having problems at home. So how the mom can say with a straight face the one who got beat up deserved it, after she took her in is beyond me.

28. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I agree that some people might precieve it to be worse. But, Just because some people might think it's worse and be more outraged because their white cheerleaders and not ghetto minorities, doesnt make it right.

It's ******ed IMO to throw race into this. It is what it is and ethnicity in both videos shouldnt have anything to do with anybodies opinion of it.

29. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    I'm sure the victim isn't blameless but I doubt she could have done anything imo to warrent being held hostage and getting that kind of beatdown.

30. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Ive made this claim many times but I think its appropriate in this instance:

You should have to have a license to have kids.

Think about it. You need a permit or license to do just about everything in this world, except the most important thing.

phineas64 likes this.
  31. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I had two friends who walked to the carnival on a Friday night and they found both their bodies in a ditch the next morning.One was in a coma for a year and is now a veg.the other had practically every bone in is body broken,and wears a plate in his head.After years of not knowing what happened,someone spoke about it.
    It wound up being a racially motivated.They were attacked by 5 people and left for dead.

32. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Well there in lies my point. We as a society say you should never hit a woman, yet we assume the boy was automatically responsible and therfore deserved to get his *** handed to him. I think at the beginning we hear him call her a ***** or something, havent watched it in a while, but again we assume he is in the wrong and ask nothing as to the what took place before or even after. Why? Because she is a woman.

It would not be the first time society has ignored acts of violence commited on minorities. So what makes you believe now, the present is any different? Yes we have made strides but as late as what a couple of years ago a black man was dragged to death for being black behind a pickup truck. The only good news is there was more outrage then there would have been in the 60s or earlier, but that still does not convince me that there is complete equality. Class and race IMO still play a huge role in this country when it comes to perceptions. Hell the word ghetto is now used by whites and minorities to describe something not up to par, or violent, etc.

late again likes this.
  33. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Something that hasn't been discussed is why is this video even allowed to still be viewed?
    It's exploting the victim imo. It shouldn't even be allowed to air on the news imo.
    It should just be evidence and nothing more.

34. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I know where your kind of going with that idea and I cant completely disagree. But, the problem with making people get a lincense to have kids is that it would be looked at like the government is trying to tell people how to raise their kids and run their families. If we did do that, it would open a floodgate of criticism and it'd be hard to draw the line of whats PC with regard to government involvement in families and households.

35. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Because you say so? And I have respected your opinion why don't you respect mine and not call it ******ed. Thanks.

36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Is it on you tube or did it just get leaked? Does anyone know.

37. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I realize there are alot of hurdles in the idea. But maybe a course a parent could take and if one passes receive extra tax benefits or something.

slickj101 likes this.
  38. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    One of the girls voluntarily handed the video over to the police. (The one Mercedes--took place at her house.)
    And then the police released the clip to the media.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  39. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    OK, I think you should watch the video before you make any assumptions. We can see the guy hit her and continue to try to, not walk away from the situation. Their both in the wrong for fighting infront of kids, but I think most people would agree that hitting a woman is an extremely weak action for any man. If the guy had any sense he would just walk away. The second he takes a swing at her, IMO its over because if he gets beat down he deserves it.

We all agree that society looks at race diff when it comes to violence, no argument there.

40. Den54

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

I just feel that's wrong.

Why should the girl who was severly beaten now have to endure the humilation of having the world get to see it?