Chance of Dolphins Winning in NE

37 replies

PApags77New MemberOP
Dec 21, 2007, 02:59 PM

What Dolphin fan wouldn't hope for a victory against the Pats. I would love to see it of course and I'll also admit I would like to see Brady go down with an injury, not career ending of course!

But realisatically I don't think we have a chance to even be close in this game. Our defense will not even get close to Brady without a constant blitz and I can't see him confused at whatever we throw his way.
They will probably run the ball effectively against us as well, the seem to be sharpening up this part of their game as the playoffs approach.
Our offense will be stifled, predict at least 3 turnovers.

Final score Patriots 42 Dolphins 10

FIFinominalNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 03:04 PM

What the Patriots have is confidence. They just know they are going to win. They never question that Brady will make it happen. They have that Moss, who is a phenom talent, and then what? I’m not so sure they are as talented as they are feared. Any given Sunday, man. They just need a good smash in the mouth to let them know you still have to play the game. COME ON MIAMI!!!

PApags77New Member
Dec 21, 2007, 03:11 PM

They are put together so well
Solid O and D lines, rarely get beat up physically here.
Playmakers all over the damn field, both sides of the line, Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Vrabel, Seymour, Harrison and of course Brady. When they need a play they get one.
Only flaw I see is they are so heavily reliant on the pass, if they catch a bad weather game against a tough physical team, like Jacksonville, they could be at a major disadvantage. The offense is a warm weather, dome type offense, not one you would expect in NE.

dolphinfn3454dolphinfn3454Forum Veteran
Dec 21, 2007, 03:57 PM

"Miamifins854 wrote:

Mod edit: to graphic

Thats a bold statement!:lol:

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 04:01 PM

any team in the nfl has a chance of winning they are all pros

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 04:13 PM

The last three times New England has lost in December or January has been to Miami.

Let's hope the streak continues!

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

kadiddlehopperkadiddlehopperNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 04:14 PM

Slim to none, but here's to 2-13! Go Phins!

FIFINintheMOONLuxury Box
Dec 21, 2007, 04:16 PM

I say we win this game in a low-scoring event!!! 17-16... "The weather is gonna be frightful and the out-come delightful" "When we are in NE, Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain" !!!!:ffic::ffic:

Roman529Roman529New Member
Dec 21, 2007, 04:25 PM

DEC. 10, 2006.....Final score Phins 21 Pats 0.....how soon you all forget this.

O Yee of Little Faith.

shula_guyshula_guyNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 04:30 PM

I think we have a very legitimate chance of beating them. I think on defense it is going to come down to Taylor and Porter being able to penetrate and really harass Brady all day long. Keep the run game stuffed and Brady rushed.

Our offense will put points on the board. Our defense must shut Brady & co. down. We are coming off our first win and our team is pumped up right now. Taylor I predict is going to go into NE on fire and may single handledly shut them down. He loves showing off up there. His energy will infect the rest of the team.

miami 28 pats 16 (Our D will be responsible for scoring at least one TD)

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

FIFINintheMOONLuxury Box
Dec 21, 2007, 04:59 PM

"shula_guy wrote:

I think we have a very legitimate chance of beating them. I think on defense it is going to come down to Taylor and Porter being able to penetrate and really harass Brady all day long. Keep the run game stuffed and Brady rushed.

Our offense will put points on the board. Our defense must shut Brady & co. down. We are coming off our first win and our team is pumped up right now. Taylor I predict is going to go into NE on fire and may single handledly shut them down. He loves showing off up there. His energy will infect the rest of the team.

miami 28 pats 16 (Our D will be responsible for scoring at least one TD)

Agreed bro... And this is also a chance for ALL the team to put their best foot forward as a few have said, Tuna will be watching this game... I think that I am betting $1000.00 on the FINS winning straight up!

ZAzackattack54New Member
Dec 21, 2007, 07:24 PM

The weather forcast in hell on Sunday is 28 degrees. Hell is freezing over !!!
FINS 24
Cheats 21

PApatsfanNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 07:55 PM

"zackattack54 wrote:

The weather forcast in hell on Sunday is 28 degrees. Hell is freezing over !!!
FINS 24
Cheats 21

change in the forecast - no rain, cloudy, high 30s - that is gooing to feel like a spring day compared to the weather we have been having

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USMA0146?begHour=7&begDay=357

PApatsfanNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 07:57 PM

"patsfan wrote:

change in the forecast - no rain, cloudy, high 30s - that is gooing to feel like a spring day compared to the weather we have been having

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USMA0146?begHour=7&begDay=357

sorry - 40s by kick off = more like late spring weather

Bonedoc7777Bonedoc7777New Member
Dec 21, 2007, 08:21 PM

listen we stink right now, i have prayed all week for a miracle and that is what we need, five or six turnovers from new england would be nice

"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells

FIFINintheMOONLuxury Box
Dec 21, 2007, 08:47 PM

"patsfan wrote:

sorry - 40s by kick off = more like late spring weather

No matter bro... I got a feeling that this game is going to be a HELL-OF-A-GAME!!!

I want to wish you the worst of luck this weekend and the best after!

CACaptain louNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 10:25 PM

"FINintheMOON wrote:

Agreed bro... And this is also a chance for ALL the team to put their best foot forward as a few have said, Tuna will be watching this game... I think that I am betting $1000.00 on the FINS winning straight up!

You need a consultant. I'll tell you what I'll offer you my services for say $500 dollars. My advice is don't bet and I promise you I'll save you $500. DOn't bet with your heart. I would love nothing more for Christmas than a Dolphin win but the chances of that are right up there with Santa Claus coming down my chimney. FYI I have no chimney

TOTomBradyWootNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 11:19 PM

This is going to be a blowout, similar to the meeting in Miami. The Dolphins are going to be pumped? Big deal, they aren't nearly as talented. I can get my pee wee team to be all pumped to play, if they suck and the team I'm playing is great - it's not going to matter. And let's not act like the Patriots don't have anything to be pumped about. They are 14-0. Gunning for 16-0, clearly they have something to play for, and arguably more than Miami. (Playing for an undefeated season is worth alot more than playing for 2-13 and ruining an undefeated season).

2004, 2005, and 2006 should not even factor into play.

In 2004, Miami had everything to play for while New England had nothing. It was in Miami, on Monday night, NE was pretty much locked into the 2 seed, and the team was at least average on defense. Also Tom Brady made probably the most stupid play he's ever made. Chances of him doing that again are slim to none. He hasn't done that since.

In 2005, Patriots tanked that game to avoid playing Pittsburgh in the first round and draw Jacksonville. Pretty obvious since Matt Cassell was trying to lead a comeback and Doug Flutie hit a dropkick. That game was almost tied, as the 2 point conversion was no good with no time left.

In 2006, the Patriots were in Miami like 04, fresh off a rough loss at home against a Jets team that just beat the crap out of them, and the defense was good! It was top 5. It showed as Miami did something similar to NY and pounded the Pats. Of course, the Pats still won the division and Miami finished under .500 but hey.

In 2007, the Patriots are far superior as they were in 04, but the differences are somewhat greater this season. The Patriots are first in point differential, the Dolphins 31st. The Patriots are first in yards differential, the Dolphins 26th. The Patriots were 4th or 5th in offense in 2004, this year they are clearly the top offensive team in the league. And they're second in giving up points so it's not like teams are scoring alot. The Dolphins don't particularly like Cameron, either. And they know with Parcells around, he's going to bring in his own guy and they aren't playing for Cameron's job. The major difference, as I pointed out earlier, was the Patriots have everything in the world to play for this time around. That's going to be the major difference.

This one's going to be over early. Of the "chances of Dolphins winning in NE" question, I'd say slim to none are the chances but, I won't even go that far.

THCMANTHCMANNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 11:24 PM

I think this will be a tragic blowout.

Was I the only one who noticed a dramatic change in Cam's demeanor & body language this week?

What bothers me most is the amount of former fins, making plays every sunday for the Pats. :(

GAGACANENew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 11:42 PM

I recieved 10 to 1 odds, But I think we win 24-21

1212manNew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 11:58 PM

I'm flying out to Boston from Miami tomorrow, I will be attending the game. So to hear that it will be in the 40's is great for me.

AWAwsi DoogerNew Member
Dec 22, 2007, 01:41 AM

"GACANE wrote:

I recieved 10 to 1 odds, But I think we win 24-21

You didn't get enough if you took 10/1. Trust me, that's lousy value. You're much better off taking the 22 points.

The idea should be to make the best bet possible, not to want to wave your hand and say, "Told ya so!" if Miami happens to win straight up.

For reference purposes, the money line (straight up) odds on Miami are at least 12/1 in every shop I looked at. Some have 13/1 and Pinnacle (closed to US accounts) is higher than that.

And that is with a bookmaker's take, which is very high on huge pointspreads. In man to man terms, you should demand at least 18/1, which is halfway between the bookmaker price on NE and Miami.

As far as the game, it's a natural letdown spot for NE and I'd love it if a competent team like the Eagles were playing NE this week. Miami will play hard but the matchup differences are probably too great, minus a flurry of flukes.

TiP54TiP54New Member
Dec 22, 2007, 01:56 AM

Until the scoreboard tells me otherwise.
I believe that we are winning the game!

MAMarino1384New Member
Dec 22, 2007, 02:19 AM

"12man wrote:

I'm flying out to Boston from Miami tomorrow, I will be attending the game. So to hear that it will be in the 40's is great for me.

yes I am also going to the game an it'll be decent New England type weather. As long as the wind doesnt pick up itll be a nice game for late December.

TEtemplarwdNew Member
Dec 22, 2007, 08:51 AM

IMHO the Phins chances of winning tomorrow went up dramaticly on Thursday. While Parcells might not be at the game you can be damn sure he will not be missing a snap.

As of 12/20 every coach and virtually every player is on the hot seat. Losing your job is pretty powerful motivation, so look for the Phins to play the game of their collective lives tomorrow. I won't even mention the undefeated season motivation.

In one game this Phins team can make themselves immortal. if they can knock off NE, nobody will remember anything else. Ad execs at the 4-letter network will be ready to hurl themselves out of their windows come Mon.