1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Pennington-By the Numbers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Samphin, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Just thought I would share what Chad has done in seven games with Miami.

140 completions on 202 pass atempts. That is good for 69.3% completion percentage. 1710 yards passing which equats to 8.4 yards per attempt and 12.2 per completion. Oh and seven touchdowns versus only three interceptions.

All of this combined means that Chad's QB rating through 7 games is a gawdy100.47. :yes:

Quite frankly, we should offer the Jets a draft pick as a thank you present for him. It feels good to have a competant field general leading the offense.

2. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I was thinking about it today. If Miami can somehow conjure up a win at Denver and head 4-4 at the midway point, with Pennington having another fine day, then he should IMO be talked about for the MVP.

What's he's done for our team is amazing. Having that high of a completion pct while avg that ypa number is very good. Add on that he just doesn't turn the ball over, and his TD:INT ratio and he's been unbelievable.

Great player...as long as he stays healthy.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yep Pennington takes too much crap for his arm strength. It hasn't been Chad holding the offense back at times, it's been the receivers. They got open today and he found them.

Disnardo likes this.
  4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

He threw over the Buffalo D on the first play. Maybe he can't hit a receiver 60 yards down the field in stride but you don't have to be to punish a D for playing the run too aggressively. I don't know if that's what happened on that first play but contrary to popular belief he can throw it far enough.

Disnardo and HardKoreXXX like this.
  5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Good to hear some love for Pennington but if the Fins lose next week the buzz around here will be to bring in Henne. :lol:

This guy has been playing great for the Fins all year and is better than any QB we've had in years. To me unless he completely bombs several games Henne should be left on the bench.

6. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I am sure the tape will back me up on this, but Chad's play action movements today were very crisp, he didn't just go through the motions and it paid off in spades.

One play that worked at least twice today was the designed play action rollout to the right. David Martin, on one play was only about 3 yards downfield, but didn't have a defender anywhere around him. Chad calmly flung him the ball and let Martin do the work in picking up an easy 12-15 yards.

I have a feleing that will continue to be there as defenses contiinue to key in on the running game.

Meanwhile, Chad is averaging over 300 yards per in the last two contests...

Disnardo likes this.