Chad Johnson for a 3rd pick
143 replies
"alen1 wrote:
if Flacco was a possible selection that late but hes going probably second.
Flacco? Are you serious? Second what...second day?
"alen1 wrote:
if Flacco was a possible selection that late but hes going probably second.
He'll be gone by the 3rd - Guaranteed. I'll bet $5.00 on it. :-)
www.CHARGERSFOOTBALLXTRA.com

"L.T.21 wrote:
Just a thought, but just exactly WHO and WHICH QB's are worth taking in the later rounds that you think is worthy of being selected? Anyone?
Actually, if I heard correctly during the bowl game, Erik Ainge from UT will be available in the lower part of the draft. A 6' 6" QB with a strong arm but limited mobility would be a good 5-7 pick to groom for later.
"sabanhater wrote:
I have a bad feeling Chad Pennington will be getting a look. I think Bill is the one who drafted him.
Please God no!!!!!!
"Stafford wrote:
Actually, if I heard correctly during the bowl game, Erik Ainge from UT will be available in the lower part of the draft. A 6' 6" QB with a strong arm but limited mobility would be a good 5-7 pick to groom for later.
he reminds me of derek anderson
"Stafford wrote:
Actually, if I heard correctly during the bowl game, Erik Ainge from UT will be available in the lower part of the draft. A 6' 6" QB with a strong arm but limited mobility would be a good 5-7 pick to groom for later.
Flacco > Ainge
www.CHARGERSFOOTBALLXTRA.com

"azfinfanmang wrote:
Flacco? Are you serious? Second what...second day?
Flacco is highly regarded by scouts as a good qb
"azfinfanmang wrote:
Flacco? Are you serious? Second what...second day?
He's actually VERY, VERY good.
www.CHARGERSFOOTBALLXTRA.com

"L.T.21 wrote:
I think Lemon stays (apologies I dont know his contract status) what is it?
It will be:
1. Free Agent QB
2. Beck
3. Lemon
Lemon is FA....dont see him staying.....I see Beck as only QB on the roster with VPO & GM selecting two new QBs (FA or Draft).
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
OMG. With all the holes we have to fill, if our new GM (And tuna of course) use a single pick on ANY of the QB's coming out this season, I am seriously considering watching a different team.
For starters, there are ZERO worthwhile QB's in the entire draft. Ryan perhaps if we were picking between 10 and 15...after that, none are better than Beck.
What good does it do to use a second day pick on a QB? What are the odds of landing Tom Brady? I bet they are worse than 1-100....I dont have the stats in front of me right now, but I WILL bet that $5 that 1 in every 100 QB's picked second day is what pans out....we dont have that luxory folks....
"azfinfanmang wrote:
Flacco? Are you serious? Second what...second day?
The current 2007 has proved to be his most successful. Flacco led his team to an 8-3 regular season record while compiling over 3,300 yards, 18 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions. Arguably his best game came against Division 1-A Navy where he threw for 434 yards and four touchdowns.
Many sports pundits have Flacco as a late first day, or early second day pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. ESPN's Jeff Pearlman went so far as to call Flacco a "second- or third-round selection".
Speaking of QB's there's actually a QB here in SD who's flying under the radar...hell, he's not even on most radars.
Hey, I hate San Diego State, but Kevin O'Connel is NOT BAD.
www.CHARGERSFOOTBALLXTRA.com

"L.T.21 wrote:
He's actually VERY, VERY good.
YEah, I have seen MANY scouting reports.. No thanks.:up:
"azfinfanmang wrote:
OMG. With all the holes we have to fill, if our new GM (And tuna of course) use a single pick on ANY of the QB's coming out this season, I am seriously considering watching a different team.
For starters, there are ZERO worthwhile QB's in the entire draft. Ryan perhaps if we were picking between 10 and 15...after that, none are better than Beck.What good does it do to use a second day pick on a QB? What are the odds of landing Tom Brady? I bet they are worse than 1-100....I dont have the stats in front of me right now, but I WILL bet that $5 that 1 in every 100 QB's picked second day is what pans out....we dont have that luxory folks....
Could be...so which 2 FAs do you sign as QB? (or trade for??????)
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
"alen1 wrote:
The current 2007 has proved to be his most successful. Flacco led his team to an 8-3 regular season record while compiling over 3,300 yards, 18 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions. Arguably his best game came against Division 1-A Navy where he threw for 434 yards and four touchdowns.
Many sports pundits have Flacco as a late first day, or early second day pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. ESPN's Jeff Pearlman went so far as to call Flacco a "second- or third-round selection".
He'll be gone...NO WAY he lasts past the 3rd. NO WAY at all. Someone might actually grab him in the 2nd, if the need is there.
www.CHARGERSFOOTBALLXTRA.com

howd this turn into a QB thread?
back on...it would just be funny to see Chad and JP on the same team, two of the biggest personalities in the league on the same team. wont happen
"alen1 wrote:
The current 2007 has proved to be his most successful. Flacco led his team to an 8-3 regular season record while compiling over 3,300 yards, 18 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions. Arguably his best game came against Division 1-A Navy where he threw for 434 yards and four touchdowns.
Many sports pundits have Flacco as a late first day, or early second day pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. ESPN's Jeff Pearlman went so far as to call Flacco a "second- or third-round selection".
Yeah, thanks for making my point for me...its a stretch that he is a second or third rounder...
"azfinfanmang wrote:
YEah, I have seen MANY scouting reports.. No thanks.:up:
I've seen him play LIVE and seen his videos....
He's good....:hi5:
Trust me ;-)
www.CHARGERSFOOTBALLXTRA.com

Johnson for a 3rd, I like! Flacco maybe, Ainge no way. Who's to say it's not Ryan with #1. Even if it's not we need to talk it up for Atlanta, or Baltimore's sake. Those two might be trade partners, where we don't move down too far, and still get more picks. If the price is right Lemmon may stay as a 2nd or 3rd Qb
Is the deal done yet??
wth is taking so long!!!
"BigDogsHunt wrote:
Could be...so which 2 FAs do you sign as QB? (or trade for??????)
Derrick Anderson is the obvious trade option...not that Cleveland is willing..and he will probably be VERY expensive.
I think it is still early, but I think we actually retain Lemon and bring in a veteran FA that can hold the reigns till Beck is ready.
One thing that really bothers me is that with Cam gone, Beck gets to start from scratch again..and Parsnips record with QB's isnt that good...
"alen1 wrote:
The current 2007 has proved to be his most successful. Flacco led his team to an 8-3 regular season record while compiling over 3,300 yards, 18 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions. Arguably his best game came against Division 1-A Navy where he threw for 434 yards and four touchdowns.
Many sports pundits have Flacco as a late first day, or early second day pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. ESPN's Jeff Pearlman went so far as to call Flacco a "second- or third-round selection".
Beck had WAY better stats than that his senior year

"vmarcilfan75 wrote:
Is the deal done yet??
wth is taking so long!!!
hahahahhaha
www.CHARGERSFOOTBALLXTRA.com

"azfinfanmang wrote:
Derrick Anderson is the obvious trade option...not that Cleveland is willing..and he will probably be VERY expensive.
I think it is still early, but I think we actually retain Lemon and bring in a veteran FA that can hold the reigns till Beck is ready.
One thing that really bothers me is that with Cam gone, Beck gets to start from scratch again..and Parsnips record with QB's isnt that good...
IMO Derrek Anderson isnt ver good he has alot of talent with the browns so i dont think he would be a very good QB for the Miami Dolphins
"#1dolphinsfan wrote:
IMO Derrek Anderson isnt ver good he has alot of talent with the browns so i dont think he would be a very good QB for the Miami Dolphins
maybe he could be god for us if we rename him, Dereleek
