1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Henne's Mom wants Tony Sparano fired.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Section126, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    She apparently sent a email to Dan LeBatard after he wrote that article about Henne this weekend.

He read it on the air today, and needless to say she was not happy with the staff last year.

The Dolphins then called in to deny that she sent the email. The guys on Dan's show later confirmed that the email at the very least came from her personal email account.

In the email she says that the team fell apart when Parcells left the grounds, and that coaches fearful for their jobs, panicked and undercut their quarterback.

2. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    God I hope this isn't true. Chad Henne better be hoping it's not true too.

3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    ....Oh can, now can we say this offseason has turned rediculous?

mbmonk likes this.
  4. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Wait... so LeBatard writes an article bashing Henne... and his mom wrote an email talking **** about the Fins and defending her son?

The benched Henne b/c he sucked. Then, the one the benched him for got hurt, and their other one was even worse than Henne.

Mom's mad that the team benched Henne and that they probably going to go in a different direction at her sons position? Not really shocking...

Desides likes this.
  5. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

Boom!

The lady is dead on.....panicking and clueless as to how to stop the bleeding.

But he's got a brand new plan so there's no need to worry.... he got rid of all the bad choices Parcells made. Except for himself that is, cuz it wasn't poor Tony's fault ya know..

muscle979, Bpk, Phins28 and 8 others like this.
  6. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    That's not the story. The story is the clowns in the Fins PR department that denied this and then were proven to be lying....again.

This is just mildly embarrassing for Chad Henne.

7. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Exactly, more cover ups..... more damage control

Just like us being promised that Sparano has learned the error of his ways and will now do a 360 and be a diff coach.... he may even try and save a couple timeouts here and there...lol

8. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    The team needs a complete cleansing from top to bottom. Oh god I can't believe this. Joe Robbie must be turning over in his grave.

gunn34 and jetssuck like this.
  9. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    April Fools?

10. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Nah I'm pretty sure they're fools all year round..

FinsAreLife, gunn34, Ozzy and 5 others like this.
  11. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I find it unbelievable that Henne's mother would actually put her two cents worth out in public. I can understand her being upset with the situation her son is in with the Dolphins. But instead of being upset with Sparano and wanting him fired. Perhaps she should sit Chad down and explain to him that he is now a man and as such, he needs to get his act together or his career in the NFL is going to be very short. Sparano benched Henne because Henne needed to be benched. He is not a very good starting QB in the NFL and the fact is that Pennington has shown though the years that he is a much better NFL QB than Henne will ever be. Unfortunately for Pennington and the Dolphins. His inability to stay on the field because of frequent arm injuries has forced to the Dolphins to play Henne. Perhaps Mrs. Henne isn't aware of it but even if Ross had fired Sparano as she wished. It is quite possible that the new coach would have replaced her son as the QB of the Dolphins anyway. All I can say to Mrs. Henne is, keep Chad's room at your home availiable. He may be needing it in the not so distant future.

mbmonk likes this.
  12. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

You need to read that again....... what he was saying is that this regime failed him. Henne's mom saw that and it inspired her to write what she did. Not that I agree with her doing that, if I was Henne I'd be pissed...

But considering what we've been fed lately, it's nice to hear the actual truth once in awhile

Section126 likes this.
  13. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Sparano benched him because he and this regime had done a terrible job of developing him, to the point of him regressing on a weekly basis. He benched him because he panicked and got desperate......there's no other explanation for putting the VERY mediocre and BRITTLE Pennington back out there. Especially knowing we had no running game and Pennington would have to throw......a lot. And get hit......a lot.

But I love this part of your post and you might be on to something....

"Perhaps she should sit Chad down and explain to him that he is now a man and as such, he needs to get his act together or his career in the NFL is going to be very short"

There's a very good chance she could have done a better job developing him than Sparano did....lol

14. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Well for the record, my mom also thinks Sparano sucks and should be fired.

SICK and jetssuck like this.
  15. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Mrs Henne has about as much input on the teams decisions as anyone of us posting.

16. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Henne was exactly what he was coming out of Michigan: a QB who needed a lot of work; a guy who could be good, not great...a Jay Cutler, a Jake Plummer type guy. Good enough, not a guy who would ever put the team on his shoulders consistently over the length of a season or a career.

He had all the tools coming out; he competed at a high level in a major college program in one of the premier conferences in college; cannon arm, prototype height, plenty of starting experience - ALL THE TOOLS.

His lack of ANY DEVELOPMENT AT ALL beyond what he was the day he came out falls squarely on the coaching staff. And responsibility for the coaching staff falls squarely on Tony Sparano, the Head Coach.

And yet, Sparano keeps his job and Henne is the goat.

Just shows how upside-down the world is in Davie, right around Dolphins' HQ; in baseball the Manager would be fired if he failed to develop the hotshot young prospect or properly use his veterans, as Sparano allowed Henning to do.

In Miami, he gets a contract extension.

Eop05, HardKoreXXX, Bpk and 5 others like this.
  17. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Regardless of who sent what, she's right about that firing. Come to the dark side Adam.

ToddsPhins, jetssuck and NaboCane like this.
  18. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    That lady my friends deserves a group of fist pumps !

CaribPhin and jetssuck like this.
  19. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: @your av.

And :cry: as well. :sad:

CaribPhin and Puka-head like this.
  20. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Nice...... I see what you did there, old fart.

jetssuck likes this.
  21. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I agree with Mrs. Henne.

jetssuck likes this.
  22. Clutch

Clutch Cane For Life

Jan 4, 2011
    Kendall
    Just for some clarification on the subject. LeBatard got an email from her about the article that was just directed to him about her agreeing and basically bashing the higher ups and coaching staff. LeBatard then thought it was a good idea to share the email with the listeners which eventually he regretted since the Dolphins called him "denying" the report. He wanted to make it clear it wasn't Mrs. Henne's intention of it being public basically and if he had a chance to go back he probably wouldn't have aired that out publicly.

Personally, I don't think there is any wrong with what she said and it actually goes in line with what many believe. Obviously this isn't exactly helpful for Chad Henne's case though.

23. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Are we again going to believe Dan LeRetard

padre31 likes this.
  24. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Tony Sparano's mom wrote me an e-mail telling me Jeff Ireland should be fired...

ToddsPhins likes this.
  25. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    You are right..maybe he hacked her email account and sent himself the email.

26. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Pathetic.

She's 110% right.

However, I just have a hard time believing this is true. Even if she did send it, pretty awful of him to go ahead and read it. Nothing like piling on and kicking a guy when he's down. No wonder nobody really wants to come to this team to play, no wonder QB's always fail here. The deck is stacked against them with Marino cards as soon as they get drafted or traded. Its quite pathetic really.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  27. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Maybe she should stop having such crappy quarterbacks as sons.

parcellsguy, gunn34 and padre31 like this.
  28. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Well the good news is she isn't a crack whore!:up:

MikeHoncho likes this.
  29. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    But Mommmmm!!!!
    [​IMG]

jetssuck likes this.
  30. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    So the mother of the QB who got benched by the head coach wants the head coach fired and says the team collapsed. This is some grand revelation? Come on, we’re all smarter than this.

I’m assuming that Henne’s mother knows this because Henne told her at some point, but what he likely left out is that the locker room itself gave up on Henne. The coaching staff, noticing his play and the way the players didn’t care about him, had little choice but to sit his *** down or lose the locker room themselves.

CK has been making a good point lately, that after the Titans win that Henne was primarily responsible for, all the players could talk about afterwards was the spark that Thigpen provided on the final drive. One series versus three quarters, and they sided with Thigpen. Well, it’s more accurate to say they sided with the only healthy quarterback who wasn’t named Chad Henne. In retrospect, we should have expected this: Henne wasn’t voted a team captain at the beginning of the season.

Henne is done as a Dolphins QB. David Lee and Dan Henning are more culpable for his drafting and his lack of development than Sparano is, and at least Sparano attempted to put a bandage on the situation by benching Henne. Henne is lucky that he’s the only Dolphins QB on the roster right now. That gives him a chance to at least show something in training camp.

But really, let’s stop with the shock and surprise over the contents of an email written by Henne’s mother. It would be more newsworthy if she supported his benching and sided with Sparano.

31. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Spot on. Maybe if they weren't so keen on developing Pat White as a Wildcat QB(with a 2nd round pick mind you), maybe they could've instead focused on developing Henne into a starting caliber QB in the NFL and surround him with the tools to get the job done. Instead he was forced to make chicken salad out of chicken s*** his first year starting then this year he's given a Ferrari in Marshall then told he can't drive it. Then the running game is shelved in favor of making this a passing team that can't call plays competently to make the passing game work, nor do we let the running game take pressure off our QB. And we want to bring these guys back?

NaboCane, Killerphins and ToddsPhins like this.
  32. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    wow. The fins are just making me numb.

33. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse Loose Cannon

Jan 17, 2011
    Hollywood, California
    I'm with Henne's mom on this one. Tony shouldn't have a job right now.

34. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Bravo.

Henne was benched because he failed to perform at a high enough level. Do we really believe that the coaches failed to develop him out of spite?

He is not an upper echelon QB and never will be. I don't care if you reincarnate Bill Walsh and had him spend every day with Henne for the next ten years. It's not going to happen. The sooner we move on the better.

parcellsguy likes this.
  35. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    This makes me like henne less.......

36. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Not sure I would call Marshall a Ferrari but the rest of this post is dead on! :up:

37. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    How "high" of a level do 2nd year QBs need to perform then to keep them on the field so that their development isn't halted? At a Sanchez level? At a Matt Ryan level? Just curious.

No, they failed to develop him due to incompetence and senility.

38. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Sounds like something my mom would do, man Henne must be pissed :lol:

39. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
  40. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    Why is that? I am not defending Henne here, but I am curious as to why this makes you like him less. Is it because his mother wrote an email (something he can't control, she's an adult) to a reporter (allegedly). Did they speak to her in person to validate that she in-fact sent the email? If not, then what proof do they have that it was actually from her? Email addresses, voices, etc can and have been "spoofed" before. Again, this is not in anyway a defense, by me, of Henne. It is just a valid inquiry.

NFL2102 and jetssuck like this.