Chad Henne
156 replies
The game is on here. I'm interested in seeing how the Cecil Shorts TD came about because I missed it, but the Marcedes Lewis TD was an incredible play by Marcedes. Henne looks like...Henne.
EDIT: They just showed the Shorts TD. Little WR screen, Shorts broke the guy's ankles and ran all the way for the score.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
Also interesting to see the leading rusher is Parmalee, 2 dolphins from 2008 could pull off a nice upset.
testing
Henne: "what the? why aren't there defenders draped all over my receivers?"
This is the kind of game Henne could have against us in a few weeks if we're not careful. He's not playing any differently than he ever did with us, just limiting mistakes and letting players and scheme work in his favor.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
I doubt this is the start of something new for Henne however I hope he succeeds in Jacksonville. He always seemed like a good guy.
Another pass td by Henne! Glad to see him doing so good! I hope he ends up being the starter in Jacksonville and goes on to have a good career. Always rooted for Henne.
I thought Henne showed tremendous progress last year under DaBoll. He averaged 7.8 ypa and 7.7 ypc after basically having to install the offense himself in the off season due to lockout. Two of Henne's picks were forced throws at the end of games when most QBs aren't willing take the chance and hurt their stats so they dump underneath for an easy completions. He also played against two of the toughest pass defenses Miami played all year. I think Marshall dropped 3 or 4 TD passes, but that is just what Marshall does. Dropped several for the Bears this year too. Said in the off season if the Jags give him a chance he has a good chance of becoming a top 10-15 QB. Good to see him having some success today.
Of course, most of the fan base soured on Henne heading into last year, which I actually had as well, and watched games with anti-Henne glasses rather than actual play. Kind of the reverse of what is happening right now with Tannehill. Henne plays well and it was everyone else who played well, not him. Henne can do no right. The pass hit him in the left shoulder pad rather than the right shoulder pad...:chuckle:. Tannehill plays poorly and it was everyone else who played poorly, not him.
Well all of us want Tannehill to be the golden boy. We dont want to believe that we whiffed on yet another QB, we don't want to believe that we whiffed on yet another 1rst round draft pick (top ten I might add). So of course a lot of us are going to be stubborn about Tannehill until he utterly completely just fails. I don't see a superstar QB in Ryan Tannehill but I do see a QB good enough to put up some big time numbers and get some wins for us. Think Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton. I think that is the tier that Tannehill will end up in. If we quit hoping for Dan Marino 2.0 or the next Tom Brady we will probably end up very happy with the final product that Tannehill becomes.
Sadly I see the same in Chad Henne. I see a QB that is good enough to start every Sunday in the NFL. I think Chad Henne can do what Matt Shaub has done in Houston, and again thats pretty the same tier QB as the guys I mentioned above.
AND Damn me for not benching Reggie Bush in place of Larod Stephens-Howling in my fantasy league!
He just threw a beauty into double coverage for his 4th TD of the day.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chad with all sorts of career firsts today.

Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.
"CashInFist wrote:
Chad Henne sucks. Period.
So do the Dolphins. What's your point?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
4th Q, Henne 152.1 rating 14/20 331 yrd and 4tds no ints..impressive day for Chad.
"Hellion wrote:
4th Henne 152.1 rating 14/20 331 yrd and 4tds no ints..impressive day for Chad.
Against a very good Houston defense.....In Houston.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"ckparrothead wrote:
This is the kind of game Henne could have against us in a few weeks if we're not careful. He's not playing any differently than he ever did with us, just limiting mistakes and letting players and scheme work in his favor.
Yeah the Joey Harrington effect on Thankgiving in Detroit.
Oh my goodness.. here comes the We shoulda kept Henne posts soon :lol:
I still dont think anyone could have succeeded at QB with our WR's, and our former coaching staff though. So, I woudlnt be surprised to see Henne turn it around. Surprising though he's having this kind of a game against that Houston defense.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
He put the ball where it needed to be and his targets went out and made plays in ways they can't in MIA
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD
"Hellion wrote:
Yeah the Joey Harrington effect on Thankgiving in Detroit.
That was the best day of my life. I was there with my brother (a bears fan) and my friend and his dad (both lions fans) Everyone in that place was booing Joey. By the end of the game I was lauging at every Lions fan in that stadium :lol:
That was my first, and still only live Phins game :up:

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
"brandon27 wrote:
Oh my goodness.. here comes the We shoulda kept Henne posts soon :lol:
I still dont think anyone could have succeeded at QB with our WR's, and our former coaching staff though. So, I woudlnt be surprised to see Henne turn it around. Surprising though he's having this kind of a game against that Houston defense.
Right. Anyone think Bess or Hartline would have come down with that last pass around 3 defenders and turned it into a TD? Or is it more likely that they would have ended up on the ground with an INT going the other way....
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD
Interesting what a guy can do when WR's make plays for him. I'm happy for Henne. He deserved better.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
"brandon27 wrote:
That was the best day of my life. I was there with my brother (a bears fan) and my friend and his dad (both lions fans) Everyone in that place was booing Joey. By the end of the game I was lauging at every Lions fan in that stadium :lol:
That was my first, and still only live Phins game :up:
Yeah being from MI the Lions are my 2nd favorite team until they play the Phins then it's on like donkey kong...surrounded by Lions fans ragging on me..Ford field playing piano man...awww it was great..
"byroan wrote:
It's amazing what an average QB can do with good weapons.
Since when do the Jags have good weapons?

