1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Henne shows intensity

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Chad Henne shows intensity
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ntensity-s10sboct11,0,4025545.story?track=rss

2. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    Badass!!!! Go Phins!

djphinfan likes this.
  3. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Maybe a bit too much, but I do like to see an aggressive QB (so long as it's controlled).

That being said, I have a feeling this is one single game is going to define a lot of how people view Henne going into next year. I mean lets face it, the Jets are going to try to stuff the run up, they have to.

The Jets WILL force Henne to make plays, although I don't think their defense will be as successful against the run as they're hoping. I think the run game will be able to keep us afloat, but I think it ultimately will come down to whether Henne and the WRs can hook up and make some plays to open up our run game.

I'm personally trying not to get my hopes up, but I've got a good feeling about tonight. I think it'll happen. It's probably going to be an ugly bloodbath, but I seriously think Henne can pull enough tricks out of his bag to give the R&R team some running room.

Although I'm hoping he's just mediocre, and we pull out a win. I'd love to see a stellar performance, but the last thing I want to wake up to Tuesday morning is ESPN with his face all plastered over it getting people's hopes up that he's the second coming of Dan the man (well, unless he shows that, but like I said, tempered hopes).

4. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    No thanks. 600 yards and 6 TD's please :shifty: Seriously though, this game is going to be, as you said, a bloodbath. Both teams have very good run defenses, and are going to try to establish the run. The team that makes the plays in the passing game will ultimately leave with a win. If Cotchery isn't playing for the Jet's, that will be huge for us.

5. SeanP

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    hah, well yeah, like I said if he's the second coming, so be it. But I want to see a blowout game, or a passing performance. I just don't want to see a great game where it might get to his head (or other fans heads) too early without being justified. Although if thats what it takes to beat the Jests, so be it.

6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well actually, while the Jest defense is pretty solid, truth is their Run-D hasn't been great.
    I think thjey will definately "Stuff the box" :shifty: and make Henne beat them.

I personally think he has the tools and weapons to do it.

Clipse and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    love this....

the future is now.

8. Tpaddle

Tpaddle Active Member

Sep 21, 2009
    we need some more of that tonight chad!!! go FINS

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    you wouldnt want Jets fans to get a taste of their own medicine?

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    24/6-Miami

11. SeanP

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Oh I'd love it, I just don't like to see the way the media handles it. I'd love to see Henne light the Jets up and make them feel stupid for trying to make him win the game.

I just really think the media takes this whole new flavor of the month QB thing a bit too far. I mean it won't really bother me if it's our boy, but it annoys the hell out of me seeing rookie QBs being touted as the next greatest thing in the world after one or two games. I'd be a hypocrite if it didn't bother me here too.

After a few games though, I'm fine with them giving him his due :)

12. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I refuse to listen to anything the media has to say. Their not out there with our guys. Most of the time their wrong and/or just make some stuff up.

I just want Chad to be tough and consistent when he plays. He needs to be strong and show leadership in and out of the huddle. If he does that, IMO, he'll be on his way. And so will the team.

I will just never believe there will be another Marino. His records etc. may get broken, but there will always only be a #1 in my book and that's Dan Marino.
    And Shula of course, as THE coach.

13. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    If this wasn't Smiley, I'd be even more pumped. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but does this guy ever NOT gush about a team mate? :lol:

djphinfan likes this.
  14. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    We're gonna look like the old Steelers tonight! Run, run and run some more... Sorry, you can't stop the R&R Express! You can want to but you just can't...

dolphindebby likes this.
  15. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I agree, their only ranked 13th I believe in run defense. But I feel that's irrelevent because we all know they'll be stacking the box and doing everything possible to stop the run. It's going to come down to how well the Line blocks for Henne, and how well we're able to pass the ball imo.

16. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I need a smashing of the jets like a baby needs its milk. No way i want to lose two Monday nights this early in the season. We've got to crush them!

GARDENHEAD and dolphindebby like this.
  17. SeanP

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I think they're going to try too hard with Henne, and he's going to make them look stupid on several occasions. That being said, I'm sure they'll get to him a few times too.

18. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008

wait til ya hear the intensity & expletives comin from him while flat on his back :yes:

sorry hardcorexxx, I couldn't resist. yer right is is fun on rival boards.

I actually think you have a much brighter future even this season with Henne over penny. I like chad & don't wish injuries but I think it's better for the fins that yer forced into playin henne.